Forget numbers

Black. All he could see was black. Jace looked around. Nothing. No one. Just darkness. Where were the others? Were they safe? Was Clary safe? He needed to find Clary! A light! Someone was under it. Was it Clary? No, it was, it was Alec! Why was Alec alone? And why was he all red? Blood! So much blood! He heard a scream, and a bang. Who was it? He turned around. There was a girl on the floor clearly dead. He couldn't tell who it was. But that fiery red hair was familiar. And that slinky black dress. And those... green eyes.....CLARY!!!

Jace opened his eyes with a start. He slowly lifted his head, and saw...a tree. Why was there a tree in.... what happened? The last thing he could remember was the ceiling falling and him trying to rescue...MAGNUS! Everything came back to him. The building was falling a part and he had gone to get Magnus off the stage. Magnus had refused to come with him and he, he, he did something to make Jace pass out. Then he ran out that door. But where was Jace now? He slowly got to his feet and immediately regretted it. A fierce head ache was starting to set in. Jace slowly reached up a hand to his brow and felt something sticky. Obviously something had hit him. But how was he outside, when he had passed out in the aud?

Jace recognized the building in front of him. It was the Ballroom, were the luncheon was supposed to be. On unsteady legs he staggered over to the entrance and made his way into the main room. It was very loud here with many little children crying and a few people even screaming. Jace searched the crowd until his sight landed on a blaze of fiery red hair.

"Clary" he shouted to be heard over the din. The girl turned around, tears streaming down her face. When she saw Jace she let out a shriek and ran through the crowd to him. Jace pushed through the crowd to get to her and they met in the middle.

"Jace!" Clary sobbed, burying her face in his chest. "I was so worried! After you didn't meet us at the meeting place and we didn't find you here, I thought...." she couldn't finish the thought and buried her face further into Jace. Izzy came running over shortly after Clary. "Jace, thank god, we weren't sure what had happened to you. Where's Magnus?"

"Umm" Jace stammered, not sure how to proceed. "About that, uh, there's some stuff we need to talk about, you see, Magnus, he, well he sort of just-"

At that moment the entire building started to shake again. Shrieks and cries filled the air as more of the ceiling fell on the people below. The crowd had just barely begun to stampede towards the exits when it stopped as soon as it started. Everyone looked around, afraid to move, waiting to see if it would start again. When nothing else happened for another five or so minutes, people cautiously began to relax. But the silence was short lived as three screams filled the air. In all the chaos, three more people had been killed. This time, a man and his wife, and an old women were the victims. Clary started to shake uncontrollably and tears poured out from her eyes. Simon came up behind her and started whispering in her ears as he guided her out of the building. He flashed Jace a challenging look as they passed, almost as if questioning the fact that Jace wasn't being there for Clary. Jace glanced at Izzy who was starring helplessly at the bodies on the floor. "Come on" he said softly. "We should get out of here. We need to talk." 

❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤

Eyoy, it's Bookworm, sorry it's been a while, but as luck would have it, I now have pink eye, and wasn't allowed to touch anything until recently. Thank you SSSOOOOOOO MUCH for over 600 reads!!!!!!!!!! I can't believe that this many people want to read my horrible writing! Sooo, sit back, relax, and I will update again soon!

BBBBYYYYYEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!📖📖📖📖📖📖📖📖📖❤❤❤❤❤❤❤😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😉😉😉😉😉😉😉