chapter 50

charlottes point of view...

once we got to james house, he got out slamming the door and walked up to his house.

'drop me off home, I told mum I would see her'

'okay, are you okay though?'

'I'm fine, but there was no need for you to lift my hand like that harry, I should of told him back in the airport he could be feeing hopeless now'

'babe, don't be worrying now, your mine! that ring of your finger shows that you are mine you hear me'

I nod my head biting down on my lip.  

once we arrived in mine, I felt nerves, my stomach is bigger, she is going to be fucking horrified with me.

I got out of the car and walked to the grand door, I knocked on it and she came to the door.

'mum' tears started to come up to my cheeks.

'charlotte, is that you' I saw her face was a mess, she looks like she hasn't slept in days.

'yeah' she opened the door a bit more, I stud inside, harry following me. I saw mum give harry a death glare, I rolled my eyes, I entered the room and sitting on the couch was jas.

'hey jas, you okay'

'oh your back' she glared at harry, harry sat beside me.

'what is with this house' he whispered in my ear.

I chuckled, mum came into the room with a cup of tea and sat beside jas.

'so how are you mum' I asked. knowing the conversation the other day she would say something terrible.

'I'm good' she smiled.

'look mum, I'm sorry about the other day' I bit my lip and my eyes flew down to the floor.

'no worries, it was a mistake, we always make mistakes' she smiled, her eyes turned to my stomach, I put my arm around it trying to comfort it.

'wow, your bellys getting big'

'yeah, my next appointment is in two weeks times'

'oh yeah, mind If I come? is it a boy or a girl?'

'erm, yeah if you want, a girl'

'oh lovely' she didn't sound bothered at all.

it was wired being back in the house, I have a feeling to come back, but I don't fucking want to.

'we picked up james' I said while taking a sip of my cup of tea.

'oh yeah, is he okay?'

'yeah' I looked down and my ring was shining in the light, I quickly hid it under my sleeve but then mum saw.

'what was that on your finger?'

'what was what?'

'don't be silly, show me'

I looked at harry I bit down on my lip pulling up my sleeve showing the ring, I looked back at my mum, her face in shock.

'I-is that a engagement ring' I looked back at harry.

'er yeah' I smiled towards him, all I wanted to do is kiss his soft lips, I looked back at mum, her face nearly in tears.

'it looks lovely' she lied.

'thanks' I said playing along with it.

'when the wedding?'

I looked back at harry and shrugged my shoulders 'have not a clue'

'oh yeah, well if you need any help I'm always here'

'your getting married to him, you must be mad' jas said rolling her eyes.

'well thanks for supporting me jas, what a sister I have' I rolled my eyes and stud up walking to the kitchen, I put my cup in the sink and placed my arms on each side of the sink looking out of the window.

I felt someone touch my shoulder, I turned around and standing there was mum.

'ignore her babe, she has been in a mood all week' she smiled, she sat down, she held her back and her face clenched up, she didn't look right at all, she was pale, she looked skinnier than ever like she hasn't been eating.

'mum, are you sure you're okay?'

'I'm fine okay' she said waving her hand.

'mum, you look different from the last time I saw you, are you sure you haven't came down with something?'

'ugh, come and sit down babe' she said patting the table where the seat was. I walked up to the seat, I sat down placing my hand on top of hers.

'I have cancer darling, I don't know what sort but through the last few weeks I have been coughing and sputtering everywhere, I went to my GPS and they said I have cancer' she said.

my eyes widen and I froze, tears started to come up again.

my mum having cancer! this can't be happening, I shouldn't have spoken to her like that the other day, I feel to fucking bad!

'c-caner, you have cancer' a tear slipped out of my eye, I bit on my to lip.

'don't get up set now darling, I'm still here, I'm not going anywhere am I now?' she said trying to make it out like a good thing, but she has cancer.

'mum, you have fucking cancer and your treating it like you're glad to have it!, I better go, HARRY' I yelled at her, she is going to go through some pain, pain that's going to kill me too, losing my mother is going to be the hardest thing ever.

harry walked into the kitchen putting his mug into the sink, I stud up pushing the chair in and taking harrys hand, we walked to the door, I gave mum a hug, a tear slipped out of my cheek.

'don't you be crying now babe, I'm here for you' she said

'I love you' tears coming out of uncontrollably.

I let go and walked down to the car, I opened the door I got in slamming it shut, I sat back and harry drove off.

my mum having cancer is going through cancer kills me.

.