School Boy Error, Bella

"What an absolute twat” I groaned to myself, standing outside of my room when I realised I must have left my room key in Kimi’s suite. I bit my lip, looking back down the hall, knowing I really couldn’t go back there now. I’d embarrassed myself enough. So, before he realised what I’d done, I headed for the stairs and made my way down a floor as I pulled out my phone to call Sophia.

“Jesus Bella” she sighed as she let me into her room. “I know, I know, I’m a fuckin idiot” I groaned, then suddenly stopping in my tracks as I saw Seb sitting on her bed. “Hey” he smiled a little sheepishly. My mouth dropped to the floor, “I hope you are getting plenty of rest! You got a race tomorrow!” I grinned at him, making him blush. “Sebastian came to my room after you called, I thought he should listen” Sophia corrected me as she pushed me in the shoulder and then joined him on the bed. I sniggered and dropped my bag onto the floor and took a seat in the chair by the desk. “What’s happened?” he asked me, the instant I thought about it my face flushed again. “I’ve made a right arse of myself” I said, admittedly feeling ashamed, and then I told them both exactly what happened.

“I can’t imagine it’s gone down well” Seb said after I finished giving the details. “Yeah thanks” I muttered in reply. Soph sighed, looking at Sebastian. “I didn’t want it to get this far cause I knew it would fuck up our relationship, and now in trying to avoid it, its fucked it up anyway” I sighed in frustration. “And all he’ll think is that I’m a silly little girl who runs away all the time”
“He won’t think that Bells” Soph said, moving over to me to give me a cuddle. “I just want to tell him how I feel, but I can’t. My head won’t let me” I said, dropping my head into my hands. “Even though he feels the same?” Seb asked softly, I nodded, not looking up at him. “I need to push myself to let go, but I find it so hard,” I said, finally looking up at them both. “I’m scared of letting him in and then him drop me.” I confessed. Seb shook his head. “you’ve known Kimi long enough to know he's not like that” he told me, “but I’m me, there’s millions of women out there that he could have, why me?!” I exclaimed, like it was a bad thing. “Well if you had asked him that I’m sure he would happily tell you” Seb smiled a little. I sighed and gave him a hint of a smile. I know they were trying to help but I don’t think anything could right now. “Look honey, let’s just get some sleep and then deal with it tomorrow,”
“But how can I work with him now? It won’t be like it was” I said, Soph looked at Seb for some help, “he’ll be focused on the race, I promise. There won’t be any time for awkwardness.” He said, I was dubious but had no other option than to believe him, well, I did, but I didn’t want to think about the worse case scenario right now.

...............

SEBS POV:

I left the girls in Soph’s room and decided to head on up to Kimi’s floor. I just got out of the lift when I saw him wandering up and down the corridor. “Hey” I said, as he spotted me. He nodded slightly at me and sighed. “Where the fuck is she?” he asked, seeing him holding her room key. “She’s with Sophia” I told him. “c’mon, she told me what happened.” I said, putting my hand on Kimi’s shoulder as we walked back down to his suite.

“All I did was kiss her. Every time I kiss her she freaks out” he sighed. I nodded, “you know how she feels though?” I asked, Kimi shrugged. “I was half asleep when she came to say goodnight, she said she wished she could tell me how she feels but it would screw everything up” he recited what she had said. “So when she leaned in to kiss me, I kissed her back, I wanted her to know it was okay and I felt the same” he said, rubbing his hands through his hair. I nodded in response. “What am I supposed to do now?” he asked. I was quite surprised that he asked me that. He never needed help with the ladies. “I think you gotta let her make her mind up. She cares for you, I know that. But her head won’t let her fall.” I shrugged. Kimi just looked back at me blankly. “Give her time.” I said, “she knows she’s made a huge ass of herself, and she’s upset that you think she’s a silly little girl” I added, Kimi shook his head, “I just want her to know I want her”