The Birthday Of Baby Jesus

Or Christmas day to you and me. I woke up, like I had every morning since living here, to the very welcome sight of Kimi's scruffy blonde hair poking put from under the duvet. I'd begun to notice he liked to almost bury himself in it so you couldn't see much of him at all. Of course I found it cute. I poked my head under, only to be greeted by his face being millimetres from my own. I giggled quietly as he was still asleep. So I snuck down a little more and pressed my lips lightly against his. God I loved kissing this man.

My eye lids fluttered closed as he actually kissed me back. A hand snaking around my waist brought me closer to him. Pressing my naked body against his. A gentle reminder of our night last night.

We'd been to a Christmas eve party at one of his friend's houses, and when we got home I decided to show him the early Christmas surprise I'd gotten him. And no, it wasn't some sexy Victoria's secret lingerie, it was a little Mrs santa outfit I'd found in the airport on the way here. It was silly but playful and Kimi sure saw the fun side to it. Currently it was hanging off the ceiling light, my red and white candy stripe stockings heck knows where. Somewhere his cleaning lady will find them no doubt.

"merry Christmas" he whispered as he pulled away from my lips. I smiled. "merry Christmas" I replied, watching Kimi attempt to pull me onto him but he gave out a loud groan. I burst into laughter. "getting tough on the bones there old man?!" I giggled. "last night may have finished me off" he groaned as I yanked the duvet off of us. The cool air in the room sending my body into goosebumps. "well I suppose I best do all the work then" I smirked at him, instantly getting a grin back as I climbed onto him, straddling his hips. This had to be my favourite view of him by far.

..........

It was 10am by the time we'd gotten out of bed from the mornings festivities and we headed straight to the kitchen to make breakfast. Naturally I had opted for an ugly sweater, bright green with a reindeer head with 3d antlers and a flashing red nose. I made Kimi wear an elf one. I think he secretly enjoyed it, despite the faces he was pulling. I aimed to get a selfie by the end of the day, just as long as I plied him with as much alcohol as I could.

We prepared and cooked the dinner, compromising on time; me wanting it at lunch, him at dinner, guess it's what you grow up with, so we settled on 3pm. Naturally we nibbled on tidbits throughout the day, my personal favourites were the Swiss chocolates Kimi had bought me for Christmas. Of course I refused to share them, not that Kimi expected any less, but he still complained about it.

I'd gotten him a new hip flask. He'd been banging on for months about his beloved hip flask losing its seal, so I decided to get that mended and I also ended up getting him a new one. I even had it engraved. You'll forever be my always. I'd hoped it said enough, but wasn't too mushy. He loved it. He didn't always have a way with words, and I guess this was one of those times as when he unwrapped it he read the writing, smiled then simply pulled me against him, kissing me like it was our last. That was all I needed.

.........

Christmas night to me was probably the most magical. After the long day of cooking, eating and drinking, the night was the best part. Everything was cleaned and put away and the fire was stoked and crackling. Kimi lay on the couch watching it absent-mindedly whilst he waited for me to bring our drinks and snacks through.

Setting the tray down on the foot rest, and Kimi pulling back the fluffy red blanket, I took up the space beside him, molding my body against his, when something sharp dug into my hip. "argh what the fuck is that?!" I hissed, moving to see what prodded me. I looked down to find a smallish brown box sitting on the couch.

"Kimi, what's this?" I frowned, staring at the box. "open it" he told me. I glanced up at him, catching his eye, he smiled "open it" he encouraged me with a nod of his head. I carefully picked the box up in my hand, snapping the lid open. I gasped, inside, sitting on the dark brown velvet was the most sparkly tennis bracelet. "oh my God Kimi" I was breathless. I couldn't take my eyes off it. "you like it yes?" he asked, my eyes painfully tore away from the diamond studded jewellery, to his twinkling eyes. "oh Kimi, I love it" I beamed, looking down at my gift. "are you sure you want to give me this though?" I asked as I watched him take the bracelet from the box. He frowned and looked to me, "shut up." he simply stated, making me roll my eyes. "I wanted to make something only for you" he told me as he carefully closed the clasp. "wait, you designed this?" I asked with a frown. "yes" he chuckled. "I am not just going to buy you any old shit" he smiled, me mirroring his expression, "you are perfection. And so, is a diamond. You belong together" he said, raising my wrist to his mouth, kissing my pulse point. "I love you with all of my heart Bella" he whispered, locking eyes with me.

Oh Kimi... *swoon