Pumpkin

I marched over to where Kimi was hanging out with some of the guys. I didn't want to see him still, I felt awkward around him now, especially after earlier today. But this is exactly all that I wanted to avoid by not acting upon my feelings. It pissed me off to think about how our relationship has suddenly become and how I was relieved to have others around us now when I was about to give him his belongings back.

"woah lookin good Stark" Charlie, Kimi's front Jack man greeted me as I entered their group. The other four guys turned to look at me. Kimi had already noticed me walking up. "ha, yeah thanks Charlie." I smirked at him, earning a wink in return. "here Kimi, I forgot to give you these back" I said, passing him over his phone and iPod. Not really looking him in the eye. His fingers lightly brushed against mine as he took them from me "thank you" he replied, my eyes flicked up to his face, seeing those icy blue peepers looking into mine. "you having a drink Stark? You gotta need one after today" Charlie laughed, his voice distracting me from kimi, "oh, um, maybe in a little while, I gotta do something first" I replied, tearing my gaze off the driver. Charlie nodded and I excused myself from the group, still feeling Kimi's gaze on me.

..........

I finished in the bathroom and as I exited, my phone buzzed. I'd not checked it all night, finding now that I had a voice mail. So I turned in the opposite direction of the party and out through the main doors into the fresh air. I put my phone to my ear and listened. To my surprise it was from my granddad.

"hello pumpkin. I hope you're having fun at the after party. Just wanted to congratulate you and the team on such a good race. I watched it at home and cheered you on." that made me smile. "Be careful over there, I trust that man of yours is keeping you safe like he promised. Send him my best wishes. See you soon pumpkin."

I smiled in delight at the message from him, not expecting it but it made my night. My first thought was to tell Kimi. Hmm, Kimi, what the hell was that about promising my granddad? I had to go and find out what on earth that was about.

Slipping my phone back into my purse, I walked through the lobby and back to my original plan of rejoining the party. Emerging through the double doors, back into the fray, I looked around at the hundreds of people in front of me. Soph was at a table having what looked like shots with two of Seb's pit crew. I briefly wondered where Seb was when I was interrupted. "he's waiting for you to go over to him" a voice said into my ear from behind. I jumped a little and looked round to find Seb beaming a childish grin at me. "who?" I smiled at his expression, he rolled his eyes. "who do you think" he chuckled a little. "I'm still a little pissed at him for his comments earlier" I told him, knowing Kimi would have more than likely told Seb what happened. He nodded, "you know him as well as I do, he can be.."
"a dick" I finished, making Seb laugh, "well that wasn't the word I was going to use" he grinned, making me smile and looked down a little, "go and talk to him. You two need to get this, whatever it is, sorted out." He said. I sighed, I knew he was right. "for both of your sakes. And for the love of god, go and do it soon, even I can't take his bad moods!" Seb cried, I looked up at him and laughed, "go kiss him or something, that will work" he giggled, his cheeky sense of humour shining out again. I gasped in response and shook my head, "he's out on the terrace" he said with a smile and then left to go and rejoin Sophia.