Phone Calls

After making sure the fan club were happy and settled, I left them to enjoy the race and made my way to the media office to make some calls and try to rectify the issues Kimi had created. To be quite honest, he didn't really cause that much of a stir, but I wanted him to know I was pretty mad at him. Besides, I needed some time to cool down.

...........

Two hours later the race was over. Kimi finished 8th, whilst Seb took 3rd.

You coming to the podium?! Xxx

I smiled at the text I received off Sophia, I quickly flicked off the tv I had been watching in the office and hot footed it down to the podium to join the guys and Soph in celebrating.

............

"have you spoken to Kimi?!" Soph yelled over the noise of the people surrounding us. I shook my head. "he won't be happy with the result, he'll be in his usual mood, and won't want to talk to anyone, so it's pointless even thinking about trying to make him do anything." I rolled my eyes thinking of the kind of mood he'd be in right now. And I knew better than to approach him to do an interview right now. So instead I enjoyed the atmosphere underneath the podium, which was now covered in champagne and which is what we were about to be covered in...

.............

Sticky, tired and in desperate need of a shower, I trudged into my hotel room, a little later than planned too. Most of everyone were already making their way to wherever the post race party was being held.

I dropped my bag onto the floor and throwing my champagne soaked clothes haphazardly around it, I made my way to the bathroom and turned on the shower.

.......

The oddly familiar noise of a ringing disturbed me from drying my hair as I stood in my room, wrapped in a snuggly white towel. I flicked off the dryer and looked around. Where the hell's that coming from?! I wondered, looking around. Oh shit it was Kimi's phone in my bag! I'd forgotten I still had it in my bag when I'd left him earlier today. Crap. Now he was gonna be even more pissed at me. Still, I ran over to it and pulled it out of my bag. I wondered whether I should answer it or not, but then I saw it was Seb, so I accepted the call...

"hey it's me, have you apologised to Arabella yet?!" Seb's voice yelled in my ear, he must be at the club already. "you better get here soon, Callum has been asking where she is, and I know how much you love seeing that guy around her" he cackled, "hurry up!" and just like that, before I was able to even utter a syllable, he was gone. I stared at the phone sitting in my hand trying to process that call. I better hurry and get ready.

.........

Anyway it was now 7.30pm and I was finally making my way through London to the hotel that was hosting our post race party. I was so ready to have some fun with my friends.

"hey Soph, I'm on my way now"
"good. Is Kimi with you?" she asked. I frowned, "no, isn't he there already?" I asked, "I have his phone" I said, straining to hear her a little as she was already at the hotel. I could hear Callum yelling something offensive to someone in the background. Well, it would be if you didn't know him like we did. "no, Seb hasn't seen him since this morning, he called him earlier but nothing, We assumed he'd come with you" she said. I shook my head stupidly. "um, no, maybe he's not coming" I said, feeling quite upset at the thought. "since when does Kimi A. miss a party and B. miss you all dressed up" she giggled. I rolled my eyes. "since we had that bust up earlier, and the fact he's pissed at me for not being there before the race" I said. "hmm. Well I doubt that'd stop him. I'm sure he'll be around here somewhere" she said. I wasn't so sure I wanted him to be. Still, I couldn't avoid him forever, I mean it's Kimi after all. My Kimi. Oh God...

"I dunno, anyway, I'm nearly there, I'll see you inside" I told her and then hung up. My phone vibrated as I was talking to Soph, I looked down at my lock screen and saw a text off Callum.

where are you beautiful? Wanna dance!

I laughed at Callum's message, I loved to dance and we always did, maybe it wasn't such a good idea now Kimi was gunning for him.

Im on my way! Hope you've got your dancing shoes on! :D

...........................

I exited the lift and walked towards the double doors to the entrance of the VIP area. Two burly men dressed in black were guarding the doors, one with a clip board. "Arabella Stark" I smiled as I looked up at them. "have a good evening miss" they said as they opened up the doors for me. "thanks" I smiled and looked ahead as I made my way into the party.

I glanced around, seeing the party in full swing, being I was almost an hour late. Tables of mechanics littered the floor, hiding the dance floor which was to the back of the room. I knew Soph and Callum would be there already. The bar was to the right, where I spotted Kimi with one of his engineers. I took a moment to watch him, dressed in a pair of dark baggy denim jeans, a tight white t-shirt, most probably something Finnish written across the front and a huge silver watch on his wrist. A Rolex no doubt. Still, despite the longing my body felt to go over to him, I knew I should leave him waiting a little while longer and head over to my friends instead. So that's what I did.