Fake Smiles And Hockey Players

Kimi ain't a happy bunny you're not here to walk his miserable ass to the truck. Xx

Soph texted me as I made my way to the sponsors. My stomach rolled, the guys were already on the truck now and Seb was being interviewed by Natalie. He was as usual, his cheeky self and I knew Sophia would be grinning from ear to ear watching him. I was so happy for her.

I reached the doors of the hospitality suite and saw 4 guys in suits and Ferrari caps stood around watching the tv. I took a breath and headed on over. Two of them looked round at me and smiled politely and turned back to the tv, I wasn't stupid, they wanted to catch the interviews of the team first. And now Seb was over with, it was time for Kimi...

My nerves were set alight once more as Kimi came into view on the flat screen in front of us. My stomach rolled at the sight of him, yet I giggled as I saw him stood waving awkwardly at the crowd. He was stood with his glasses and hat planted firmly on his head, his Ferrari zip up fastened right up to his chin and his drinks bottle straw pushed into his mouth. I'd not noticed the light stubble sitting on his chin over the last few days, but seeing him on the huge screen made me see things I was too preoccupied to notice.

.....................

Well that was a disaster xx

I replied to Soph straight after Kimi's interview. "a hard task for you later on I think" an awkward voice filled the room. I looked up from my phone to the 4 men looking back at me. I smiled politely. "nothing I can't handle" I laughed a little. "now, shall I show you to the garage before the cars head out for the starting grid?" I offered, causing them all to nod.

It turns out that they were all Finnish hockey players, here to watch Kimi race. I was sent, as Kimi's press officer, to look after them and show them around. Like I had nothing better to do that day...I mean, of all the races I had to talk about everything Kimi does, and pretend that I liked the prick at the moment was making my blood boil. Not to mention the horrendous interview he had on the truck. Poor Natalie got a tough one with him today, and I know for a damn fact that it was because he was pissed with me. Luckily though, no one would really question it, I mean, he was known for being in an arse with everyone usually.

"and this is Kimi's side of the garage." I said, leading the guys into the back of the garage. It was the usual organised chaos this close to the race. The mechanics were doing their final touch ups to the car in the garage, Maurizio was at the pitwall with the head engineers and usually at this time I was doing any final checks with Kimi, it was our pre race tradition now. I'd give him his gloves and helmet, take his sunglasses and hat and wish him luck for the race. It was our thing, and obviously I wasn't there to do it, well not on my own anyway, and it wasn't exactly something I was in the mood for right now.

"I'll see if Kimi can come over for a few minutes before he needs to get into the car" I smiled at the huge men who nodded back to me before eagerly watching everything that was going on. So, I reluctantly made my way over to the pint sized Finn...