Cravings

Greenwood X Reader

The months and months of nothingness dragged on for what seemed like an eternity. At first, the feeling was hard to place. Why did things seem so awfully empty? Well, you hated to admit it, but the root of life's recent emptiness traced back to the death of a particularly witty cannibal—Greenwood.

What was a short, careless relationship with the maniac left a deeper mark than expected. You found yourself missing his funny remarks and devious flirtatiousness.

However, there was still a single flicker of hope. One of your friends informed you that Greenwood's body had been obtained be a group of criminals attempting to resurrect him and other maniax. Though the group was downright annoying and practically a cult (one that worshipped that idiot Valeska) you kept in touch with it's leader, Dwight, just in case.

The connection payed off. One day, you picked up the phone to hear a man's heavy breathing—Dwight.

"Y/N..." Pause.

"What?"

"The cannibal's gone we were testing—and i left for no longer than a simple moment!—but when I returned? Nada. HAHAHA! You know what this means, right?!"

You exhaled. The likelihood that this psychopath was telling the truth was minimal. Greenwood's body was probably stolen, not resurrected...or something. It was a silly notion anyway.

That is what you believed. For about two days.

"Hey there cupcake."

The moment you hear that gruff voice, you spin around and fall into his arms.

"Woah there...didn't remember you being to lovey-dovey. Don't tell me you've changed while I was gone!" Greenwood jokes.

"You were DEAD. I didn't even think you could possibly return!"

"Neither did I," he confesses with a wicked grin. But I did. And the first thing I remembered as I woke up was you. So I searched everywhere—nothing. Then, walking down the street, I see you're sugar-sweet face! It was you, Y/N. in the flesh."

With each word, your heart melted further. This isn't a dream, right?

Scooping you up bridal style, he playfully suggests, "C'mon, let's go get a bite to eat or something. You get pretty hungry being dead!"

Author's Note: For AddictedToEvil ! I'm not a Greenwood fan really, but this was actually fun to write! I love making eating puns for Greenwood, haha! 😂 Cannibals, amiright?
ALSO MORE ON THE WAY PROBABLY! I'M IN A GOTHAM WRITING MOOD NOW AND NOTHING CAN STOP ME.