Jessie x James // RocketShipping

Jessie's POV~

"James!" I scolded. "James, wake up! We have work to do!"

We were outside of the arena where the twerps were battling in a competition. But we weren't planning on stealing, this time. But we were selling priceless merchandise.

I slapped him on the head with an Empoleon action figure and his head snapped up. He slowly closed his eyes before lying down again.

"Meowth, please," I gestured toward James and Meowth scratched his cheek with his razor claws.

He immediately opened his eyes, cupping his cheek. Blood trickled down from underneath his hand and my eyes widened.

"I didn't mean that!" I gasped. "Just wake him up, that's all!"

"This is good enough," Meowth waved it off as I attended his injury.

Pulling out the first aid kit in our booth, I grabbed some medicine, a cotton ball, and a bandaid.

I carefully removed James's hand from his cheek, revealing the scar. His eyes never left me as I quickly but carefully tended to his wound. I stopped the bleeding with the cotton ball, applied medicine, then sealed it with the bandaid.

Meowth's eyes even drifted towards the scene in shock. I met James's gaze once I was finished and quickly looked down to try my best and avoid it. After a few minutes of silence, I spoke up.

"What's with you two? Giving me strange stares and all." My voice trailed off at the end.

"Jessie?" Meowth tilted his head, squinting. "Is that you? Or is it that blasted Jessebelle in disguise?"

"Of course it's me!" I snapped. Another long silence.

"Why did you do that?" James stepped next to me, still staring.

"I just didn't want you hurt, that's all," I huffed, snapping my head to the right. "Don't let it get to your head."

But apparently it did, because he took his hand in mine. I jumped slightly, blushing immensely, that's for sure, but I didn't let go. I held on tighter, like this might be the one chance I get to do so.

"Thank you," James whispered in my ear.

"For what?" I whispered back.

"For caring." He grinned.

"I never said I cared," I snapped back, snatching my hand away.

"You didn't have to say it." He took my hand again. "I always knew."