Opposites Attract

A/N: If you don't like Vanitas... you're gonna HAAAATEEEEE this chapter

#sorrynotsorry

OOC ahead but I dun care~ this was 10 freaking pages so I hope everything works out and y'all don't kill me :3 I DO have a plan believe it or not, so hang tight and enjoy the ride~

<<>><<>><<>><<>>

"We need to talk, [Name]."

You can only blink in response, sitting propped up in your bed with the soft, fuzzy blankets haphazardly covering your body. You'd think this is a dream if not for the throbbing pain in your hip.

"Okay," you agree, your voice coming out softer than intended. "What about?"

Doing your best to look calm and collected, you can't help but feel uneasy at the sudden unannounced intrusion. But for some reason – you're not scared.

Wordlessly, Vanitas pushes himself from his seated position on your bed to his feet. You had been so shocked at his subdued appearance, that you hadn't noticed until now that he's wearing black jeans and a long-sleeved red shirt.

Normal.

He turns towards you, extending a hand, and you realize you've never seen his skin before, save for his face. It's pale, but not sickly so – just like it's never seen a ray of sunshine before. His fingers are long and noticeably calloused.

He shakes his hand a bit, clearly growing irritated at you staring at him without saying a word.

"C'mon," he mutters with a small nod of his head. "I'm not gonna hurt you."

Your eyes dart up to his, searching for any small hint of emotion. But there's none.

With a sigh you reach your hand out, allowing your palm to slide against his. His fingers gently wrap around yours as he pulls you to your feet. You stumble a bit due to the pain and lack of exertion, yet he doesn't make fun of you for it. Which is when you really know something's wrong.

"Ready?" he asks, a hint of impatience leaking in his voice.

"Uh... for what?"

Vanitas stares at you for a moment with raised eyebrows before releasing a heavy sigh and rolling his eyes.

"Jesus... just hold onto me," he snaps, grabbing your free hand and placing it on his shoulder.

"What the hell are you doing?" you ask as he wraps an arm around your waist.

He pauses, bright golden eyes meeting yours as your fingers lightly grasp onto his shoulder.

"Do you trust me?" he asks with sincerity.

You automatically frown, the question running on repeat in your mind. Do you? His replica had tried to kill you so many times, and left you forever scarred and traumatized. But the real Vanitas...