What Lies Ahead

THIS IS SO DELAYED OMG

I'm so sorry you guys. Since the last update I moved and quit my job. It took WAY more time than expected, hence no time to write (BOO).

But I'm back now (YAY)! There will be VERY short results sprinkled throughout the next 2 chapters

Then the finale + individual results

Then individual epilogues

Then we're D O N E

*cries*

<♥>

You spent the rest of the morning just lounging around in Ven and Vanitas' room, watching as they both stuff themselves silly on a seemingly endless pile of food. You always knew Ven was a pig, so it makes sense Vanitas is one too.

As soon as they're done eating, the door slides open and Roxas' head pokes in.

"Should've known I'd find you here," he notes with a laugh as he spots you twirling in a circle on the roller stool in the middle of the room.

"Well yeah, since you and Axel ditched me," you tell him, coming to a stop as you drop your feet to the floor.

"Not my idea," he points out with a sigh, and you perk up a bit in remembrance.

"Oh yeah! Roxie and Axe have hearts now," you tell Ven and Vanitas as you point at the blond in the doorway.

"No way!"/"Whatever," they reply at the same time with very different levels of enthusiasm.

"So, was that light some kind of magic then?" Ven asks as he sits up in bed.

"Dunno," Roxas replies with a shrug. "Either way, it's time for lunch."

"Good, I'm starving," Vanitas grumbles, climbing out of bed and heading to the door.

"Me too!" Ven eagerly agrees, shakily standing up and waddling after him.

"You guys just ate," you point out, holding your arm out for Ven to hold on to as he gets a little wobbly.

"Our bodies have all been through a lot," Roxas notes, closing the door once you and Ven make it out into the hallway.

Ven looks to the other three doors in the hall before he glances down at you.

"Are Aqua and Terra here?" he asks.

"Yeah," you agree, pointing out their doors. "But, they should probably be left alone for now."

Ven mumbles his disagreement under his breath, but he doesn't fight against your opinion as he sighs and lets you lead him down the hallway.

Turns out, this hallway is attached directly to the cafeteria, so you find yourself heading inside in seconds. Vanitas is already seated and eating with Axel and, to your complete shock, a tired-looking Sora.

"Sora!" you exclaim, leaving Ven to hobble along by himself as you hurry over to the brunet.

Sora glances up at you, his fork hanging from his mouth mid-bite. He soon breaks out in a grin as he stands up, just in time for you to tackle him in a hug.