Zack's Ending

Zack's Song: "Lovely" by TWENTY ØNE PILØTS

"I'll pray that one day you see
The only difference between life and dying
Is one is trying, that's all we're called to do
So try to love me and I'll try to save you
"

[♥]

TWO YEARS LATER

You glance at your reflection in the camera of your phone as you adjust your earrings for what must be the hundredth time. You really shouldn't be nervous, but you are – incredibly so.

"Will you stop?" Zack asks with a laugh, plucking your phone from your hands, locking it, and dropping it into the pocket of his coat.

"Zack," you whine, trying (and failing) to reach for it.

He gently grabs your wrist, sliding his fingers down under they're lacing through yours and he's softly holding your hand in his much bigger one. You finally take a moment to look up at him, your face softening as you take in his features. Throughout the years he had somehow grown even more handsome, his face now more angled and mature. His hair is short, dark locks perfectly framing his bright blue eyes. But despite the added years, the way he looks at you as if you're the most special person he's ever seen has never changed.

It's a surprise to no one that the big sap proposed to you the first night spent in the Land of Departure. Slowly, everyone started to trickle inside as they grew bored of watching the stars, until it was just you and Zack. He seemed anxious and out of sorts, and when you finally asked what was wrong his lips were immediately pressed against yours in an almost desperate kiss. When he pulled back, his hands cupping your face, he breathed out that question you didn't know you needed to hear. Of course you said yes even though he hadn't even bought a ring yet, and since that moment life's suddenly made sense.

You spent a month or two in the Land of Departure before leaving for Midgar, secretly a little excited to get away from the prying eyes for the first time in much too long. Although you had to move back to the city in order to help out following the collapse of Shinra once the Sephiroth scandal became known to everyone, it really wasn't that bad. Without Shinra's hold on the city, the people were finally thriving. The air was cleaner and people were happier, not to mention Zack was finally free from the clutches of SOLDIER.

That's not to say that he's fully free of the SOLDIER lifestyle, however. Zack was naturally recruited to an elite squad of the army, along with Cloud, who were called in to deal with crises throughout the world. You, meanwhile, worked with a defensive unit to assist those in need with your magic. You tended to work alongside them quite often, but the true joy from your job came from using your abilities to help those in need. It was so rewarding, sometimes you wondered if you could even call it a "job."

"I'm sorry," you apologize with a sigh, allowing the side of your head to rest against his bicep as the two of you continue walking through the path in Gongaga leading to his parent's house. Thankfully, with the money you and Zack have made, you both helped his parents to add to their home, and now it's actually quite spacious. You're heading there now for your monthly dinner with the two. "I'm just nervous."

"What? Why?" Zack asks with a look of bewilderment. "My parents love you. You're the daughter they always wanted."

You can't help but smile, knowing he's right. Ever since you and Zack told them of your engagement, after his mother kept shrieking "I told you so!" to her son, they embraced you with open arms. Moving back to Midgar allowed the both of you to visit often, which you were sure to do. They had basically become your own parents with the amount of love and support they showed you.

"Honestly, I'm just a little nervous your mom's gonna have a heart attack," you admit, giving a small shrug as you look up at your beaming husband.

"Oh, she for sure is," he laughs, pulling you to a stop with a tug on your hand as he wraps an arm around your waist. "Just like I almost did when you told me. But she's wanted to be a grandma for years now. You're gonna give her the best shock of her life, [Name]."

You bite back a grin, nodding in agreement as Zack releases your hand to instead reach up and brush your hair away from your face. He's studying you with such a sweet look, it's almost hard to continue watching him without crying a little.

"I love you," you murmur, resting your hands on his shoulders as he leans closer to you.

He grins beautifully as he gives a small nod of agreement.

"And I love you," his gaze darts down towards your stomach, "both of you."

You barely have time to release a breath of a laugh before he's leaned down, his lips pressed against yours in a gentle kiss that's so soft you swear you almost melt in his arms.

You never thought life could be this beautiful. But with someone like Zack, is there any other way it could be, but beautiful?

[♥]

aaaaahaha, dat bias tho XD

Next up is Axel!

Then Roxas, then Ven, and last but not least is gonna be my bby Vanny.