Chapter 9

"Morning everyone!" Kiera opened the eating room doors and traipsed inside.

"Hi Kiera!" Pidge waved. The others nodded in greeting.

"You're a little late." Hunk said "For breakfast I mean. We still have some though."

The thing about food and being a thief is that you never know what your next meal will be. You can't afford to be picky. So, when Kiera saw the bowl of space goo placed in front of her, she smiled at Hunk.

"Thanks!" She said and started to eat, slowly so she didn't just throw up all of the food later.

Hunk blinked at her "That's not how I would've reacted. I hated space goo at first."

Kiera swallowed a bite and said "I could never afford to be picky. I take whatever I can get. If it's space goo then so be it." She kept eating.

"Makes sense." Hunk said "When was the last time you ate?"

Kiera put down her spoon and thought "Hm. I don't really know! Maybe four days ago?"

"What?" Coran yelled "That's unhealthy! Eat! Eat more! Here." He shoved another bowl of space goo in front of her. With his odd accent, it was almost twice as weird.

"Um, thanks Coran but if one hasn't eaten in many days, one must be careful at how much and how fast one consumes food." Kiera said "I don't want to eat all this really fast and then throw up all over the place."

Lance said "Hunk just got over his space sickness."

Kiera snorted "Well, you won't have a problem with me."

"Kiera." Shiro said "I hate to interrupt, but where is the metal shipment?"

Kiera lost her appetite and pushed the bowl of space goo away "It's hard to explain where it is. I'm not super good at remembering planet names. I could just punch the coordinates into the ship because that would work a lot better."

"Sure." Allura said "I'll take you to the control room." Kiera stood and followed her out of the room.

Allura led her to the control room. Kiera almost fainted when the door opened. The technology was so advanced!

"Hold on, Your Highness, I just need to stand here and observe the fabulous technology." Kiera squeaked. Her idiotic smile glowed with admiration.

Allura laughed "Haven't we been over this already? You don't have to call me Your Highness. Just call me Allura."

Kiera shook herself out of her stupor and curtsied with a mocking smile "Of course, Your Highness. My apologies, Your Highness."

"It seems that annoying someone brings you out of being paralyzed with amazement." She said with a smile.

"Always." Kiera said.

"Alright." Allura said and placed her hands on two sensors "I'm going to pull up our planetary map and you can tell me the coordinates." Suddenly, the room exploded in a starry depiction of the known universe. Kiera's mouth fell open as she walked in a circle "Wow."

"It is pretty amazing." Allura smiled "What are the coordinates?" Kiera told her and the map rotated and a single planet was highlighted.

"I know where that is!" Allura said "My father used to take me near there for a festival."

Kiera cocked her head to the side "When I was there, the planets around it were completely empty wastelands."

"Oh, this was ten thousand years ago." Allura said casually.

"What?!?" Kiera demanded then quickly regained her composure "You look good for ten thousand."

Allura giggled "Why, thank you. I was actually frozen in a sleeping pod for most of that time. That's how I didn't age much."

"Cool." Kiera said "What's the plan for attacking this shipment?"

"We actually don't need to attack it." She explained "We just need to follow it to the base."

Kiera shrugged "All right. So we just go there in the massive castle ship and follow it to an even massiver ship?"

"Well, I was thinking we could just send the lions." She said.

"I would like to go with them." Kiera said "I mean, I led them to the shipment and all..."

Allura nodded "Alright you can go as well. Let's get the Paladins in here, shall we?"

"Paladins?" Kiera cocked her head to the side "Like, standard role play characters?"

Allura looked perplexed "I do not know what role play is. The paladins are the pilots of the lions that form Voltron, a giant robot that is the most powerful weapon ever created."

"Oh." Kiera said "Yeah, let's get them in here." Then she got an idea "Actually, Your Highness, you ever heard of a prank?"

"A prank?" Allura was confused.

"A prank is when you trick some people." Kiera explained "You trick them into doing something or thinking something. It's quite fun."

Allura smiled "I like the sound of a prank. Let us prank the Paladins."

"I like you." Kiera smiled mischievously "Here's the plan:..."

She explained quickly and as she did, the princess's smile grew more and more malicious. Kiera knew that she would play her part well.

Allura set up the loud speaker and Kiera said "Remember, your scream has to sound real. And you have to really deliver the lines. Make it sound as if I'm actually severely hurting you."

Allura nodded.

Kiera nodded in response and pressed the button on the loudspeaker and spoke "Now, now princess, we don't need the Paladins to hear us."

"You won't get away with this!" Allura said and Kiera was impressed with her acting. Allura continued "The Paladins can hear me now!"

"Oh of course they can." Kiera said "That means they can also hear this!" Allura screamed in pain right on cue. When she stopped screaming, she gasped and breathed heavily. Kiera continued "I mean business, princess, I'm taking this ship under my control."

"No." Allura whimpered "Please. This ship is my home!"

"No, it's mine now." Kiera said "Don't talk back to me, princess." Allura screamed again and Kiera said "Good, now that I've made myself clear, I'm going to leave you and the Paladins on the nearest planet. You can fend for yourselves."

Allura screamed again, louder and longer this time. In the middle of the scream, Kiera got closer to the loudspeaker and said "Oh, wait, is this still on?" And shut it off.

Allura stopped screaming and said "Alright, I'm in position for the next part of our plan." She crouched on the floor and curled into a ball.

Kiera pulled out her wrist knives and said "Ready." And mentally counted down from five. When she reached one, the five Paladins broke through the door, weapons raised.

She pretended to notice and wrenched Allura off the ground and held a knife to her throat "Do anything, and your precious princess gets it."