Chapter 36

When Kiera woke up, still in the window room, she estimated it had been only a few hours. She stood up and wandered through the hallways, trying to find the eating room.

She needed to apologize and then beg for forgiveness.

Her feet took her to where she needed to go and she stood outside the eating room doors, completely frozen. Would they forgive her?

She waited too long and the door opened on its own. She panicked a little and stepped inside. The door stayed open.

Everyone else was gathered around the table, talking. They all went silent when they noticed Kiera. She looked down at her feet and opened her mouth to say her speech about how sorry she was. Instead of being able to talk, someone flying tackled her.

"Waaaah!" She fell out the door, her attacker on top of her. They rolled into the hallway. Kiera opened her eyes and saw Pidge. She almost blushed but then she noticed the look in Pidge's eyes.

"Kiera." She said, quietly, almost menacingly "How could you?"

Kiera went pale "P-Pigeon! I-I-I uh. I'm sorry about you seeing that. I didn't want to kill him but-" she was cut off when Pidge threw her arms around Kiera's neck.

"How could you run away and not give us all a chance to let you explain?" Pidge said and pulled away from the hug "I had to hear it from Shiro. I mean, Shiro is great and everything, but you were the one who did it and not him! I wanted your reasons."

Kiera winced "Sorry about that. I was scared you would all shove me into a pod and send me off into deep space. You know, for killing someone."

Pidge lightly slapped her in the face "I think you had a good reason. And besides, I-" she cut herself off and blushed a little "I kinda like you."

"I like you too." Kiera said, then noticed that Pidge was still on top of her and turned bright red. She hid her face in her hands. She was on her back and Pidge was straddling her stomach, pinning her to the floor.

Pidge noticed too and her face turned red. She quickly scrambled off Kiera and sat beside Kiera's sprawled form. Nether looked at the other for a solid minute.

"So." Kiera said, breaking the silence "You like me?" She tried to sound like she was joking around, but it came out as more of an excited squeak.

Pidge put her face in her hands and nodded. Kiera's own face went a shade redder. Another minute long silence ensued.

Finally, Kiera stood up and offered Pidge a hand up. Pidge took her hand and Kiera pulled her up. They stood nose to nose for a second. Then, Kiera leaned forward a little and gently connected their lips. She heard Pidge gasp a little.

When Kiera pulled away, their faces were equally bright red. They stood there, holding hands, nose to nose and smiling like idiots.

"We should get back in there." Kiera said.

"Yeah." Pidge squeaked a little.

"You okay?" Kiera was a little worried "Was that okay?"

Pidge looked up at her face "Um. Yes. I'm not good with humans. Better with robots if I'm being honest."

Kiera smiled "Me too. Don't worry."

They walked back into the eating room. Pidge went back to her spot and Kiera sat in the seat farthest from all the Paladins and Allura and Coran. She clasped her hands together and stared at them.

"I wanted to apologize for what happened." Kiera said, not looking at any of them "It was horrible and no matter what anyone says, somewhat unjustified. It was also incredibly messy and I will clean it all up myself. It is my fault. I'm sorry for my horrific actions. Please forgive me."

Silence. And then, a snort filled the room.

"That wasn't unjustified, Kiera." Allura said "But I must speak to you outside." Fear filled Kiera's face as she stood up slowly and followed the princess out of the room.

Allura stood out in the hallway, near the closed door with her hands on her hips. She had a stern look on her face. Kiera scratched the back of her neck awkwardly.

"What did you need to talk about, Your Highness?" She asked.

"Something important." The princess replied "Something pivotal."

A pause.

Then Allura said "You told Shiro that I stared at him and maybe drooled when I saw him in his suit!"

Kiera's mouth fell open. Then it snapped shut and said "That man cannot keep a secret to save his life. I told him not to tell you because I know you'd kill me."

"Well, we have enough corpses on this ship at the moment so I might just stuff you into a cryo pod and eject you into space." Allura said.

"Wait." Kiera put a finger up "So, Shiro talked to you?"

Allura went pink "I didn't say that."

"He talked to you." Kiera felt a small smile tug at her lips.

"Hey!" Allura poked her in the chest "I'm supposed to be the one in charge of this conversation."

Kiera laughed a little "So, do you forgive me for killing that rebel?"

Allura was silent for a little while. Kiera felt a stone fall into her stomach and she looked at the floor.

"Yes." Allura said it so quietly that Kiera almost didn't hear it. She snapped her head up to look at the princess in surprise.

"I forgive you, Kiera." She said again "I'm assuming you had a reason to do so. You don't strike me as the type of person to kill without a very very good reason, judging by how you crumbled into a puddle of despair after."

"Thank you." Kiera said and genuinely curtsied.

"Oh, quick question." Allura said "You and Pidge?"

Kiera's face went pink for the gajillionth time that day "What?"

"I'm not oblivious, Kiera." She said "But I won't tease you. I'm not Lance. Now, let's go eat."

Kiera felt mild relief wash over her "Yes, lets."

The two girls walked side by side into the eating room. They both took their spots. The table was silent. All the Paladins turned to look at Allura and Kiera.

Allura smiled "All is forgiven. Now, let's eat."

The tension instantaneously died in the room. Kiera sat down at her spot and smiled internally. Everyone was essentially back to normal. She still knew she had to leave. Hopefully the others would understand.

Hopefully, Pidge would understand.