Chapter 26

"Good morning everyone!" Kiera sang as she swept into the eating room. She twirled a little and said "I have presents for you all!" The eight bags she'd been holding were plopped down onto the table.

"Are they our dresses?" Allura asked. Then she giggled at what she'd said "And suits?"

Kiera nodded, grinning. She tossed everyone their bags and said "Open them! Oh, Pidge there are two bags for you. I got you a suit and a dress, just in case."

"Thanks." Pidge said.

The group eagerly opened the bags. Kiera held hers close to her with shining eyes as she watched their reactions.

Allura pulled out her dress first and squealed. It's was a light blue long ball gown with a diamond lined sweetheart neckline. It had sparkles sprinkled all over the skirt, thinning out toward the waist.

"Kiera, its gorgeous!" She yelled and hugged the dress to her. Kiera blushed, glad Allura liked it.

The boys pulled out their suits. Shiro had a pure black suit with black embroidery on the jacket and a pure white tie. Keith's suit was dark red with a white dress shirt and fiery orange tie. Lance's suit was a deep ocean blue with a light blue shirt and sea green tie. Hunk's suit was a dark earthy brown with a matching brown tie and a light orangey brown shirt.

A chorus of "thanks!" Came from all of them.

Pidge pulled out her suit and dress. They were almost the same light olive green colour. The suit had a white dress shirt and dark green tie. The dress was a one shouldered empire waisted evening gown with a white sash at the waist.

"Wow!" She said "Thanks, Kiera!"

Kiera's smile muscles hurt.

Allura said "Now let's see yours."

Kiera put her bag on the table and pulled out her dress. It was a bright purple gown with diamonds all over the bodice. It had a halter style neckline and floaty fabric leading down to her feet.

"What do you think?" She asked timidly.

Allura was smiling "Its beautiful! And it will look so nice on you."

Kiera blushed, not used to compliments "Thanks."

"Let's go get changed." Shiro said. The boys all left the room, a little more eagerly than Kiera had expected.

"I think they like the suits." Pidge said. Kiera laughed.

The three girls went to Allura's room to change, helping each other get into the dresses. Pidge had decided to wear the dress instead of the suit. Kiera thought she looked fantastic in the dress but kept that to herself.

The dresses fit them well and Kiera was so relieved. Allura's dark skin contrasted the light blue, making it look almost like it was glowing. The diamonds at her neck sparkles everytime she took a breath. Whenever she stepped, the diamonds on the skirt of her dress glimmered. She twirled happily.

Pidge's dress suited her: not too flashy but great all the same. Kiera thought she looked absolutely adorable. Which Kiera did not pay attention to at all. Why would she?

Allura helped Kiera do up the back of her dress. When she turned around, Allura smiled "I knew it would look great on you."

Kiera looked at Pidge who was smiling wide with a hint of pink on her cheeks. Kiera's face flushed red and she smiled, looking at the floor.

"Let's deal with your hair." Kiera said and sat Allura down on a poof in front of a vanity with a mirror.

She set to work, braiding little sections together. Soon, she had dozens of tiny braids. She wove them into a twist and brought it to the back of Allura's head, creating a small bun with the braids. The rest of her white hair hung long down her back.

Pidge sat down next. Kiera braided all of Pidge's hair into a braided crown all around her head. She left a few small sections out to frame her face.

Kiera finally worked on her own hair, starting a braid on one side of her head and working in a diagonal down her head to her other ear. When she got to her ear, she started braiding back across her head to the back of her neck. She let the braid stop there, leaving the rest of her hair free down her back.

She turned to Pidge and Allura "Let's hope the boys aren't hopelessly lost and don't know how to put on a suit." They laughed and together, the three girls walked out of the room, feeling like queens.

They walked down the hall and came to the hallway with the rooms. Shouting was coming from Shiro's room. The girls all looked at each other and rushed to open the door.

Utter chaos ensued inside. Shiro seemed like the only one who knew how to put on a suit. He hadn't put his on yet and was simultaneously trying help Hunk into his jacket, tie Lance's tie and yell at Keith to stop slouching. It was a strange sight.

Kiera, Pidge and Allura stood in the doorway, staring.

Eventually, the boys noticed them and stopped yelling. Shiro's face turned red when he saw Allura in her dress. Lance went redder from seeing all of them. Keith was slightly red from looking at Lance.

Kiera broke the silence with an involuntary snort. Then she started giggling. Then she couldn't hold in her laughter anymore and burst out laughing. Allura and Pidge joined her. The boys all went redder from embarrassment.

"Oh my goodness." Kiera said and wiped a tear of laughter from her eye "Do you want some help, Shiro?"

Shiro nodded slowly "U-um, yes." His eyes were still on Allura. His face flushed again.

Kiera took control of the situation and said "Shiro, go put on your suit, Pidge, help Hunk, and Allura, go yell at my brother for me. Lance, I'll do your tie." The girls divided and conquered.

Lance walked over to Kiera and said "How could you know how to tie a tie?"

"My adoptive father was a lawyer. When I was little, I would watch him tie his tie every morning." She said as her hands worked on his tie "I picked it up pretty quickly."

Lance's face was still red "You look really good."

"Why thank you." Kiera said without looking up.

"No I'm serious." Lance insisted "You look incredible."

Kiera sighed "I said 'thank you' didn't I?" Then she smirked "You don't look so bad yourself."

She heard a door swing open and turned.

Shiro stepped out of the bathroom in his suit. His suit framed his broad shoulders and sculpted arms really well. His shirt was slightly open at the top, his tie loosened a little, and Kiera could see a little bit of his collarbone peeking out. Even Kiera had to admit he looked pretty damn good. She noticed Allura staring at him.

She nudged Allura gently and whispered "You're drooling." The princess's face turned pink and she closed her mouth, looking away from Shiro.

Shiro smiled "Now that we are all dressed, let's go crash this party."