Chapter 20

Kiera stood in front of the Paladins and Allura and looked at them. She had to teach these warriors how to dance in a week.

"Does anyone here have any idea how to dance at all?" She asked then quickly added "Aside from Lance."

"My father used to dance with me a little." Allura said "I've forgotten how though."

Shiro spoke "I've been to a formal dinner party before. I had to learn a simple waltz for it."

Kiera grinned "That's great that you all have almost no knowledge of dance!" The others looked confused so she explained "I don't have to reteach you things you've learned wrong. Anyway, Lance, come here." He obliged and walked forward.

She showed them the proper hold for a waltz and a simple waltz step. Then paired them off so they could practice.

"Shiro, you can dance with Allura." She smirked internally at the slight blush on his face "And Lance, go with Pidge. I'll go with Keith and Hunk."

They tried it and it went surprisingly well. She had to remind Pidge that Lance was leading and she had to stop trying to take over a few times. Allura needed some convincing about Shiro's hand being on her waist ("Wouldn't it make more sense to clasp hands like this?" "No, Allura that's a jive.") and Hunk needed to remember that he was leading.

"Hunk, you're leading." Kiera said "So lead."

Hunk nodded "Yeah, I know. It's just weird that I'm pushing you around when you could easily beat me in a fight."

"Forget all of that and focus on the steps." Kiera said. He did the steps and Kiera smiled "There you go. Simple as that. Now practice on your own while I show Keith."

She walked up to Keith and said "Hi. Let's get down to business, hand on waist." She pointed and he reluctantly placed his hand on her waist.

"I don't see why I have to partner with my own sister." He whispered.

"I'm the only girl in the room who knows what to do." She replied simply and watched as he did the steps "No, no. You're too angular. The waltz is a slow, floaty dance." He tried again "Yes like that. But this time give it a little more resistance." He did it one more time and she clapped her hands "You did it! Now practice. I have to check on Shiro and Allura."

She found Allura laughing at something Shiro had said.

"How's it going, you two?" She asked.

"I have no idea what I'm doing." Shiro admitted "I feel all bulky in comparison to Allura." Allura snorted again.

Kiera smirked "You're not bulky, Alluras just built small."

"You're smaller though." Allura laughed.

"Hey!" She grinned "Anyway, I'll show you what to do, Shiro. Allura, if you please?" She placed one hand on Allura's waist and said "I'm leading." She noticed Allura about to say something and cut her off "I know I'm shorter than you! Just go with it." Allura laughed.

She demonstrated the motions with Allura, who was picking it up very fast. Then, she let Shiro practice with her. He stumbled a little the first few times but got it after a while.

"See, you're not bulky." She said "You're dancing with an even smaller person and you're doing fine." Shiro smiled. He and Allura tried again.

A crash and an "AGH!" Sounded from behind her. She turned quickly and found Lance and Pidge lying in a heap of limbs on the floor. She snorted.

"You guys okay?" She asked and poked Pidge's leg "Pigeon?"

"We're okay." Pidge said "I just can't dance."

Kiera helped the two stand up "Bullcrap, yes you can."

"No I can't, I keep tripping." She grumbled "This time I brought Lance down with me."

"That was kind of my fault too." Lance scratched the back of his neck "I might've tripped a little."

"Everyone trips every once in a while." Kiera said "Pidge, dance with me. Lance, go dance with Keith or something." She waved him away, but not before catching the hint of blush that had crept into his cheeks.

"What was that about?" Pidge asked.

"What, sending him to dance with my brother?" Kiera snorted "Nothing. Just wanted him to leave."

Pidge looked a little flabbergasted "Wait, Keith is your brother?"

"Twin actually." Kiera sighed "I haven't told everyone yet so please don't tell anyone."

"I won't." Pidge said.

"Thanks, Pigeon." Kiera smirked "You know, you're the only person here who doesn't mind their nickname."

Pidge shrugged "I kind of like it. Lance tried to call me it the other day, while you were in your healing pod, and it ended with him having a bruised cheek bone."

Kiera laughed "Serves him right. I call you Pigeon."

"Exactly." Pidge said.

"Pigeon, what would you wear to the dinner party?" Kiera asked "Would you be up to wear a dress?"

Pidge grimaced "I don't like dresses. But I hate suits. I'll go with the lesser of the two evils."

"Works for me." Kiera said "I'm going to get you a dress and a suit though, just in case you change your mind."

"Thanks." Pidge said.

Kiera smirked "Pigeon?"

"Yeah?" Pidge said.

"You haven't tripped." She said, smirking even more.

Pidge blinked at her "Wh-what?"

"You haven't tripped." Kiera was full on smiling now "And you didn't even notice I was dancing with you."

"How did you-" Pidge looked confused.

Kiera leaned her down into a dip and said "You were thinking about it to hard. Dancing isn't about thinking things through, it's about letting yourself go and moving with the music." Kiera smirked again "And I'm a pretty distractingly charming bastard."

"Well, that's debatable. The charming part I mean. The bastard part is pretty accurate." Pidge said as Kiera stood her up on her feet "Can we keep dancing? I'm kind of enjoying this."

Kiera placed her hand firmly on Pidge's lower back and pulled her slightly closer. She smirked and said "Of course." Then she lead Pidge in a whirling waltz around the room, cloak floating behind her.

Kiera inspected the other couples as she danced. Shiro and Allura were dancing slowly and gracefully. Hunk seemed extremely happy as he hummed to himself and waltzed his way around the room. He even threw in a few attempts at ballet moves every once in a while. Lance was trying to teach a blushing Keith the ladies part of a waltz. He seemed oblivious to Keith's bright red face.

Looking around at the dancing, Kiera smiled internally and pulled Pidge closer so that their bodies were pressed together, as if in a hug. She rested her head on Pidge's. Pidge squeaked a little and Kiera said "Just dance with me, Pigeon."