Chapter 18

Kiera dashed from the room to get her plan into action. An immature piece of her wanted to keep running so that she could watch her cloak billow behind her. That immature piece of her was absolutely fascinated with the cloak.

Instead of indulging in the immature piece's needs, she went to her room. The door opened and she stepped inside.

"Hi, Ace." She said quickly "I'm alive and my ribs are no longer broken. Do you know where my knives are?"

Here. He held them out These are the extra pair. Because the Galra have your other ones. And here are some wrist sheaths and straps.

Kiera grabbed the knives and sheaths and strapped the blades to her forearms, underneath the catsuit with the edges of the hilts sticking out. She waved her arms in the air and the blades stayed in place. Then she walked over to Ace and grabbed a little machine from the driving compartment.

"I don't remember if I put my throwing knives in you. If they're there, could you bring them out please?" She asked, as she strapped her sword to her back under the cloak.

A pouch emerged from a door on Ace's arm and Kiera grabbed it. Inside were dozens of thin, small throwing knives. They were made of a durable and light material that reminded Kiera of titanium. She pulled on out and held it in her hands, remembering the grip.

Fast as a shock, she whipped around and threw the knife at the wall next to the bathroom door. It dug into the wall up to the little handle with a satisfying thunk. Kiera smiled and pulled the knife from the wall. She stood a little farther away and threw it again, testing her aim.

The knife sank into the wall just to the left of where she'd hit last. Her aim was as good as ever.

She pulled it back out again as Ace said You should throw one of those at Lance. Pin him to a wall and don't let him up. Just a suggestion.

"Was he bugging you?" Kiera asked "Was Lance bugging the little war machine?"

Stop it. Ace hissed.

"Aw, little Aceykins hates me." She clasped her hands together at her cheek and blinked her eyes "How adorable."

I have the sudden urge to slap the nearest human being. Ace said.

"Okay, fine." Kiera said "I'll stop. I was annoying myself. If I ever meet someone who talks like that on the regular, I'd punch them everytime they started a sentence."

Ace snorted Don't forget to invite me to the party. Ace was fond of violent entertainment.

Kiera stretched her arms and said "I need to go. I'm teaching the Paladins etiquette and formal dancing."

Paladins? Ace asked Like, standard role playing characters?

"That was my initial thought as well, but no." She laughed "They're the people who pilot the enormous mechanical lions."

Ah. Well, good luck. Ace sighed I'm going to stay out of it. Diplomacy isn't really my thing.

"I am very much aware of that." Kiera said and walked from the room.

She walked to the training deck and found Keith there, beating up a robot. The door opened and she went in, leaning against the wall.

With two more slashes with his sword, Keith took the robot down. He wiped his forehead with his hand.

"End training sequence." Kiera said. Keith turned to her "I need this space for a little bit. So, as any kind sister would do, I'm kicking you out."

"What?" Keith demanded "You can't really kick me out. This isn't your ship."

Kiera sighed "Obviously its not my ship. If it were my ship and I was in charge of driving it around, we would be dead already. I'm not a good pilot. And yes I can kick you out, I'm your sister, Terminator." She walked up to him and poked him in the chest.

Keith blinked at her "Terminator?"

"Your new nickname." She said with a smirk and started pushing him out of the room.

"What? That's a horrible nickname!" He tried to protest as she shoved him out of the room.

"In case you haven't noticed," Kiera shoved through the door "Nicknames are designed to annoy people."

Keith put his hands on his hips and said "Just because you're my sister doesn't mean you're the boss of me."

Kiera laughed "But I've already pushed you out of the room. 사랑해 brother. Now, go away so I can prepare."

"Wait, what did you say?" Keith asked "That word that wasn't English."

"Oh, it was Korean." Kiera said as her cheeks gained a slightly red tint "I speak a lot of different languages."

Keith smirked at her and said "사랑해." Love you.

Kiera blushed more and put her face in her hands "I was really hoping you didn't speak Korean. I don't really express my affection to people. Ever."

"Don't worry, neither do I." Keith said and left.

The door closed and Kiera breathed a sigh, trying desperately to calm her face down. She never expressed affection verbally to anyone. Except for maybe Ace and Simplicty but that was different. They didn't count, being robots.

"Okay." She sighed "Do I even remember how to dance?"

She took a few swaying steps and started waltzing herself around the room. She dipped her invisible partner and switched between leading and not leading.

Kiera whirled herself to a stop. She would need a partner who she could demonstrate with. A partner who could dance. Maybe Shiro...? Lance had said he had taken dance lessons. She doubted he would remember though. Kiera shrugged and decided to test him.

She walked from the room to go find him. She checked the kitchen, the eating room and the hallway that held all of their rooms. He wasn't there.

"Coran." She said as she walked into the control room "Do you know where Lance is?"

Coran said "He's at the pool with Pidge and Hunk." Without turning around.

"Where would that be?" She asked sheepishly.

"Oh, right." He projected a mini map of the castle up and pointed "It's right here."

"Thanks." Kiera left and ran in the direction he had pointed to. She took an elevator up and emerged into a strange room. It was perfectly normal until you looked up. A regular pool was upside down on the ceiling, filled with water.

Pidge, Hunk and Lance stood on the floor in front of her, staring up at the pool. They were discussing how to turn the room upside down.

"Does this pool even gravity?" Kiera asked aloud.

Pidge turned "Apparently not. We've been trying to figure out how it works all day."

"I just want to swim!" Lance cried and threw up his arms "Is that so much to ask?"

Hunk sighed "I haven't eaten for a few hours, in the hopes that we could figure this out. I don't want to get a cramp."

Kiera lunged forward and grabbed Lance by the shirt, dragging him to the elevator.

"Hey!" He yelped "What are you doing?"

"I need to borrow you." She said "You said you could dance. I need a partner."

"Oh, well then." He smirked cockily "I'd be glad to help."

Kiera sighed "What part of 'I don't like boys, I like girls' don't you get?"

"All of it." He said "How could anyone not like me?"

Pidge snorted behind them "How could anyone like you is the question." Hunk laughed.

"You don't mind if I borrow him, do you guys?" Kiera asked.

Hunk made a shooing gesture with his hands "Take him."

Before Lance could pretend to be hurt, Kiera pushed him into the elevator and said "Thanks!" As the doors closed.