Chapter one: Luke

''It looks better this way,'' laughed Michael, grabbing his jacket on the floor as Calum took a picture of our brilliant artwork.

''Yeah, I should do that at home with all of his pictures,'' I joked, making my friends laugh along.

''This is sick, seriously,'' agreed Calum.

''Don't send that online yet or they'll know it's us,'' I warned them cautiously. ''He's gonna be pissed when he'll see that in the morning. I can't wait to see his face,'' I laughed, putting my spray paint can down to admire my work. It was bloody amazing. I bet my art teacher would be proud or my work - maybe not. But it's still art, right?

''Shh, I think I heard something lads,'' said the bi-colored haired one. ''I think I heard the cops, shit,'' he cursed.

''Come back, fuckers! How will I get down from here, now?'' I asked them as them both ran away.

Thanks, that's really nice.. 

I turned around and searched a way to get down without hurting myself and quick but my brain can't seem to work normally - thank you a lot - as I heard the sirens and started to panic interiorly as I cursed. If I get caught, I'm gonna be in deep shit. The sound of the sirens became louder and clearer before I heard a door opening and quickly closing as a light was directed in my direction.. Fuck.

''I'd ground you but that would be pointless since you never learn from that. After all those time I ground you, you still act like it never happen,'' said my father, sitting in his leather chair behind his large desk. ''Instead, your dear mother and I came with an idea, a brilliant one.''

I huffed. I wanted to sass him pointing out that they needed to be two to have an idea which made the sound like there weren't smart enough by themself but I decided to drop it. I was already in trouble, I didn't need to be in deeper shit.

''What is it?'' I asked nonchalantly, putting my feet on the edge of his desk before he glared at me and swat them off, making me roll my eyes. 

''I signed you up for the exchange program,'' he announced as my eyes grew wide. 

''You did what!'' I exclaimed, voice raised as I got up from my chair. 

''Calm down, Luke,'' he ordered, pointing to my seat. ''It's a great opportunity for you to learn about someone else's culture. You will learn a lot  trough this life changing experience. Plus, it'll change from seeing your same punk friends. Maybe you'll lose some of your.. bad habits.'' 

Punk? Calum and Michael are not 'punks'. Where did he took that from?

''They're not punk, father,'' I argued but he shrugged it off.

''Punk or not, they don't have a good influence on you.'' 

I huffed at him and got up from my seat, walking to it's office door. I have enough of his rambling and nonesences. I won't do this exchange thing and he knows that. I don't want to do anything relate to school. I don't even care about my grades. All I wanna do is sing. And for that, I don't need my diploma, only a good voice. 

''Where are you going?'' he asked, stopping me.

I laughed at his stupid question. ''I'm leaving, isn't it obvious?'' I replied, opening his office door and closing it before he could say anything else. 

''Luke Hemmings, come back here immediately, I'm not done with your case!'' I heard him yell from the other side of the door but I shrug it off and continue my way out of his office.