Chapter thirty-one: Luke (Sneak peek)

''Block all your thoughts and focus on playing. Take a deep breath before stepping on stage and everything's gonna be alright,'' repeated Ashton's voice in my head as I was standing nervously behind the curtain, about to go on stage. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. I blocked all the voices surrounding me and tried to focus on my breathing. Inhale and exhale. In and out. 

I put my black and white guitar around my neck and closed my eyes one last time. ''Come on, you can do it,'' I told myself before opening them and walking forward to the stage where hundreds - maybe more -persons were seated and ready to hear me perform for the Australia's Next Talent's Grand Finale. This time, unlike the Sidney's finale, I didn't bother searching trough the crowd for my friends. I didn't need support. I was ready to sing, on my own.

So I did. 

  I sighed of relief as I streamed the last string on my guitar and looked up at the crowd who was cheering and giving me an applause. I thanked them and smiled before making my way back backstage. 

I was all hot and sweaty due to there giant spotlights and stress - please people do not come too close. I can't wait to get home and shower. Wearing sweaty clothes gross me out. Ew. I grabbed a water bottle from the table where there was food and drinks before making my way to my dressing room to cool off.

I put my guitar back in it's case and let myself fall on the couch, exhausted. I might've just played five minutes on stage but it feels as if I played a full show. My career will be short if I don't get in better shape. But I played a show once before the Sidney's finale and I wasn't that tired after one song.. It might just be the stress. Stress makes you more tired. I've read that somewhere. 

I drank my water as I lay on my back, spilling some on myself at the same time - oops - but I wasn't complaining since I was very hot. When I was feeling less hot, I grabbed my phone from my backpack on the floor and decided to send a message to someone. 

To: Ashton

Sorry for earlier, I didn't wanted you to leave but things were getting awkward so..

I took another sip of water and my phone vibrated. 

From: Ashton

It's okay. I understand, Luke. You was scared when Michael and Calum came in and saw.. us. They asked about it after we left.

To: Ashton

What did you told them? 

From: Ashton

That they should ask you and that it's not my business to tell. Was that okay?

To: Ashton

Yes. Thank you. I don't want them to know.. It's not that I'm ashamed of you, I'm not. I just don't want to tell anyone. I want to be sure of myself when I tell talk to them or else it'll be weird if I tell them something and contradict myself later. They'll think I'm crazy or maybe bipolar.

From: Ashton

Like I said, it's alright. I understand you are not ready. It's fine.

To: Ashotn 

Thank you for being so understanding, Ash. I appreciate that. 

From: Ashton

I saw you perform. I was sitting front row.

To: Ashton 

I was awful, was I?

From: Ashton

No. You were P-E-R-F-E-C-T

To: Ashton 

Capital letters! Wow, I must've been fucking amazing then.

From: Ashton

You always are

I smiled  to myself like an idiot at my friend's last message and put my phone aside.

This boy is very amazing. 

  Fifteen minutes later, all the contestants were called on stage to announce the winner. I was biting my lip furiously as I made my way to the stage, trembling like a fucking leave. Ugh, I sound like a girl.. Man up, Hemmings! Breathe. 

 The blonde lady opened the envelope, looking at all the contestants and making everyone nervous. ''And the winner of Australia's Next Talent is...''

A/N I love doing this. I feel so evil. This is only a sneak peek of tomorrow's update (I don't have enough time to finish the chapter tonight, sorry). Don't forget to tell me what you think of it in the comments below and be detailed. I need at least six comments to upload the complete chapter or else you're gonna wait. I hate doing these goal thing but I'm tired of writing for nothing. Getting feedback on my book is very important to me and reading your comments helps me a lot when I write. Don't be afraid to be too detailed and don't forget to vote. (On the side is what Luke looked like when he was performing)

P.S. I've been loving listening to old song lately. It makes me very nostalgic, I can't believe how much time passed since these songs first played, it's crazy. (I also can't believe I was listening to Green Day when I was five, hehe). Please tell me your top 5 favourite old songs are!