Chapter fourty-eight: Ashton (Sneak peek)

''Hey Ash!'' yelled Luke as he came in, running into my room. Lucky for him my mother is at work or he would've been scolded at for yelling like that. I hope the neighbours won't complain to the landlord..

I looked over my comic book, seeing the blonde standing in the doorway, his coat and shoes still on and his arms behind his back.

''What are you hiding?'' I asked him.

A wide grin made it's way to his lips, dimples on show. ''The best thing you can ever think about.'' 

I hummed. ''You brought ice cream?'' I asked, teasing, knowing it was not ice cream that he's hiding.

He shook his head. ''No, silly.'' He walked over to my bed, sitting - jumping - on it and crawling over to meet me. We were now sitting really close, so close that I could see the darker ring on the edge of his eyeballs. ''Close you eyes and give me your hands.'' 

I wanted to yell at him for not taking off his shoes and carelessly putting them on my bed sheets and covers. I sleep in this bed - we both do. I don't  want to sleep with all these gross things we're walking on in the streets. Ew. We could both catch something nasty. 

I looked at him confused. ''Please don't put anything gross in my hands of I'll kick you in the balls,'' I warned him, waiting for the promise to be sealed. Once he nodded, I closed my eyes tightly and held out my hands. 

A thin plastic rsquary-rectangle was put into my hands eagerly as I heard Luke's cute giggle. ''Try to guess!''

I hummed, trying to think. ''Is it.. a notebook?'' I asked. 

He laughed. ''No. Why would I give you a notebook?'' 

I wanted to roll my eyes at his comment but they were already closed so there was not point doing so. ''Is it a book?'' 

''Ashton, love, I know you're a nerd but I am not. So stop saying nerd things. I won't ever give you these.''

''I'm tired of guessing,'' I whined. ''Can I open my eyes now?'' 

I head him sigh. ''Okay..'' 

When I opened them I gasped, putting a hand over my mouth to not scream. No way! '' Luke!'' I screeched, seeing what I was holding. 

A/N I am very, very sorry for not posting a full update but I have been busy planning all my books all week - and did NOT succeed. Tomorow's Sunday which means Updates Sunday! It's the only day of the week I can update more than one book. I will surely post the full chapter of this book, I promise.

P.S What do you think Luke gave Ashton? Please let me know in the comments below, I am curious to know what you guys think it is!!