Chapter fifty: Ashton

Saturday

''How is it in America?'' I asked Luke when he called on Saturday.

We haven't talked to each other when he landed - the flight was probably long and tiring - so we agreed to call today instead and just texted last night, informing me he landed safely and that he was heading to his hotel.

''Hotter than England,'' he joked.

I rolled my eyes. ''You Aussie self must be pleased.''

''Yes,'' he chuckled. 

''How was you day?'' 

''It was okay, I just woke up actually. Charles is taking me to his office today. He wants me to meet a few business people I can't remember their name for shit,'' he explained. 

''Well, good morning. I'm glad to be the first person you talked to this morning.'' 

''Actually you're not. I talked to one of the maid a few minutes ago, sorry Love. Better chance next time.'' 

''Must've been an amazing conversation you had with her.'' 

''Yeah, I was telling her how I don't want her to wash my underwear with anyone else. It was very interesting.'' 

I laughed, missing the blonde's bad humor already. ''I miss you, Lukey.''

''It's only been two days!''

I blushed. ''I know, don't make fun of me for missing my boyfriend, it's mean.'' 

''For your information, I miss you too, Ash. I wish I could've took you with me in LA. It would have been so fun. And our first trip together as an official couple.'' 

''It would've been great..'' 

''I'll talk to you late, I have to go, bye,'' he said. 

''Bye. I love you.'' 

''I love you.''

After he hung up, I rolled over and snuggled deeper with my fluffy blankets. I was currently wearing Luke's red flannel along with one of his tee shirt because the bed is really cold without him beside me and some Marvel pajama bottoms.

Lauren kept making fun of me during dinner, saying I was lame for wearing my boyfriend's clothing all day and was 'ruining my day'. I laughed at that. She can't understand how it feels to miss someone you love, she never had a boyfriend - not that it's urgent.

Of course Lauren miss Luke too - she and Harry told me - but they are not as close to him as I am. They don't know him like I do or hung out as much. They've only known his for a few weeks when I've been living with him for a couple months. 

Sunday

''Why does meetings have to be so damn long?'' he complained. ''I don't think I can hear anyone argue over money and saying business therms anymore or my head might explode.'' 

I laughed. ''Don't be so dramatic, Luke. I'm sure it's not that bad.'' 

''Says the one who's in England wearing pajamas and watching movies..''

''I did homework today.'' 

''Ew. I didn't want to know that.''

I rolled my eyes, playing with a stray strand on the hem of my tee shirt. ''It's not like I'm telling you about someone's brain being all over the floor in little squared pieces.'' 

I heard his cringe at the image. ''I can't say what's worse.'' 

Monday