Chapter fourty-nine: Luke (Sneak peek)

Today's the official release day of my EP but also the day I am  leaving. I haven't told Ashton yet and I am dreading this moment. I know he'll be crushed and really sad about me leaving him. I told him I would stay till the very end of the exchange project but I am breaking my promise. I am forced to. 

My manager wants me to go in his office in LA to meet some American producer and hopefully get a contract there. He said I have big chances of getting signed in America. I almost got on in London - several were offered - but Charles declined them all. What? I thought he was insane but he isn't. On the opposite, he knows exactly what he's doing. He doesn't want me to jump on the first contract I get but get the best one. 

Along with the meeting in LA, Charles also organized a mall tour where I will go at a couple malls around the world - in London, Sidney, Paris, Los Angeles and New-York - to meet my fans and get known slowly. He said if I have a strong relationship with my fans, my career will grow very fast and will last.

Again, he is right. 

Most artists who have a strong fan-base and lasts are really tied with their fans. He promised to make a true 'pop-star' out of me and I am starting to believe him more and more everyday. He is truly an amazing manager. I am lucky to have him. 

Now back to my number one dilemma: telling Ashton I am leaving. Not forever. Just for a couple days - two weeks. 

''Ash?'' He hummed. ''I have to tell you something,'' I started as we were laying on his bed, listening some music. Seeing he didn't stop the music, I spoke again. ''I'm serious, Ashton.'' He sighed and paused the song and we both took off our headphones this time. 

He sat up, his legs criss-crossed. ''I'm listening.'' 

I bite my lip, playing with my lip ring nervously. How do I tell him? I don't want to hurt him.. Instead of turning around the bowl, I went straight to the point and told him in the most simple way. ''I'm leaving.''

He frowned, confusion visible on his face. ''W-what?'' 

''I'm leaving, Ash,'' I repeated. 

''What do you mean?'' he asked. 

''I'm flying off to Los Angeles tonight,'' I explained, not meeting his eyes. When I looked up, his hazel eyes were watering and filled with hurt.

He shook his head, not wanting to believe me. ''No! No, you can't leave me, you promised-'' 

''I'm not leaving forever, calm down.'' I put my hand on his shoulder but he shoved me off. ''My manager wants me to do some promotion around the world and meet some highly placed people in America. He said it's for my career. You're the one who told me to follow my dream whatever people tells me. A-aren't you happy for me?'' 

''Yes. Of course I am, Lukey. B-but you are leaving,'' he replied, his voice cracking at the end. 

''I know my love, I know,'' I shushed, pulling the now sniffling boy in my arms, letting him nuzzle his face in my chest as I help him tight, trying to comfort him even if I know nothing will work. 

A/N I've been busy tonight and hanging out with my cousin's friends - who are big assholes who needs to read a dictionary. I wish I stayed home honestly, haha. Stalking Luke and Ashton online - on tumblr mostly - and catching up on American Horror Story. 

What do you think will happen the the full chapter? 

Thoughts about Luke leaving?

Ashton being broken?