Chapter thirty-six: Ashton

''Stop,'' I told Luke, pushing his hand away from my face.

''It's my turn to annoy you, Irwin,'' he told me, pinching my cheek. ''You shouldn't have started an hour ago. Now it's payback time.'' 

I laughed as he did, pulling my jacket higher, trying to hide behind the fabric. ''Stop, my cheeks hurt because you pinched it too much,'' I complained, rubbing the slightly sore - probably red - skin. I was laughing against my will, betraying myself as I tried to sound serious. 

''You poor thing,'' he cooed, leaning forward to press his lips on my cheeks, taking the pain away like my mum used to do when I was a kid. I blushed at the boy's gesture. We were in a public plane and I'm not used to this kind of display of affection. ''Better now?'' he asked.

I now, still blushing. ''Yes.''

''Luke?'' He hummed, his eyes fixed on his iPhone screen. ''Luke,'' I repeated.  He groaned and looked at me. I knitted my eyebrows together as I tried to pull a serious face which ended up not working and failed as I started laughing at my own face.

That was lame, Ashton.. Very lame.

''What are you doing?'' asked the blonde, his snap-back pulled backward, looking at me as if I was crazy.

''I'm entertaining myself because the blue eyed asshole next to me is selfish and only pay attending to his phone,'' I replied, giving his some sass. 

He laughed. ''Sorry. I was playing a game. But now, you have all my attention,'' he said, puting his phone back in his pocket and shifting in his seat so he would be facing me. ''How many hours till we land?'' asked Luke, not liking being restricted to his seat on the plane.

I looked at my phone. ''Twelve hours,'' I sighed as Luke groaned. 

''I hate planes!'' he declared. ''I'm fucking tired, I can't wait to sleep.'' He rubbed his tired eyes, looking all cute and sleepy. Yes, I just said cute. 

''You have enough time to take a nap on the plane,'' I told him. ''I can ever offer as a pillow,'' I added, motioning at my shoulder.

He shook his head. ''No. I want to sleep in a bed, Ashton. Not on the plane.''

''Well, you gonna have to be patient, my dear. We're not even close to landing.'' 

  Once we landed at the Heatrow airport, Luke called for a cab, both of us too tired to walk to my place with our luggage trailing behind. I bet we'd be dead before we arrive. I could've call my mum but she doesn't have a car so I'd just disturb her for nothing.  

I climbed in the back of the cab as Luke put both our suitcases in the trunk of the car and joined me on the backseat. The ride to my place took about fifteen minutes due to traffic in the middle of London: an everyday struggle. As Luke paid the cabbie and took both our luggage out of the car as I waited in front of the house.

''It's here,'' I said, stopping in front of a dark blue house and setting my stuff on the floor as I reached for my keys. ''Mum?'' I called, unlocking the door, pulling Luke along with me. The place was silent till I heard my mother making her way to greet us.

''Ashy!'' She pulled me in her arms, hugging me tightly. ''I missed you so much, baby,'' she cooed, pressing her lips to my forehead.

''I missed you to mummy,'' I told her, wrapping my arms around her small body.I gulped as I took a glance at her attire. She look thinner than when I left.. 

''And you must be Luke,'' she said, walking over to the blonde. ''Ashy told me loads about you. He can't stop gushing about how amazing and sweet you are,'' she added, making me blush and panic at the same time because when I told my mother this stuff, Luke and I were not in good therms. I hope he won't say anything.