Chapter four: Ashton

Today was the day that I have to go to the other school. I wasn't scared just a little nervous about meeting my partner. I can't wait to meet him. I like to makes new friends. It'll change from all those mean people in London. I hope Australians are nice. 

I sign and go to my mum to give her a last hug before I board the plane. Its a long flight - twenty-two hours - so I'm positive that I will knock out as soon as it takes flight. I give a small wave to my mum as I go up the stairs. The last thing I did before coming here was leave my mum a Heliotrope on the top desk.

  What I had predicted was right I did end up falling asleep on the ride here but the good thing is I'm here in one piece. We are currently in the office where we will get assigned out partners for this exchange program.

"... your partner will also be sharing their house hold with you alongside with each class. We have an understatement that some older lads are paired with younger, not to worry thought that was the plan..." I blanked out for the rest of the speech, too tired to really care for something right now. All I wanted to do was call my mum to tell her I landed safely.

People were going out in pairs. I guess I blanked out longer then I thought. Suddenly I was the only one standing there.
I looked around and only saw Mr. Hemings.

"I'm sorry your partner isn't here at the moment." He lets out a sign before continuing, "your partner is my son. So I will apoligize in advance for anything he causes. Also don't be scared to ask or tell me anything he does that upset you. You can go to your classes." He said giving a head nod towards the door.

I nodded, "excuse me sir. Do you think I can make a phone call home to tell mum I have arrived?" I questioned

"Of course you may. I wish my son had manners like you." He let out another deep sign before I made my way outside to call mother and wait for my partner to come. If he comes.

I grab my phone and dial the number I am too familiar with. It rings twice before I get an answer.

''Hello?'' she answered. 

''Mum I'm here already don't worry about anything. My partner is the headmaster's son,'' I informed her.

''Alright sweety, call me later I have costumers here. Love you Ashey.''

I let out a groan from the nickname but tell my mum I love her too. From the corner of my eye I see two guys laughing and looking at me. I didn't say anything though I just stood quiet.

  After twenty minutes of playing flappy bird, candy crush, and all the other games on my phone the door busts open. A tall guy makes his way to Mr. Hemming's office. He vets in and shuts the door quite hard.

I look at the door for a while before going back to my games. After another maybe five minutes, one of the secertaries tells me the headmaster needs me.

I make my way to the door and knock, I head a 'come in' and open the door.

"You wanted to see me Mr. Hemmings?'' I asked looking at the headmaster.

He gave a slight nod. "Yes, come in Ashton. This is my son, Luke. You'll be paired together for the exchange project. The other students had time to spend together to get to know eachother this morning but since Luke was... missing, why don't you guys go out to the yard to do so. The weather is nice, it'll be fun." Suggested Mr. Hemmings. I thought it would be fun. Its a great way to talk to Luke. I saw Mr Hemmings whispering something to his son before he exited his office but the boy shrugged it off. 

"Whatever" grumbled Luke.

He got up and left. I walked behind him. We put our books into his locker since we have to share.