Chapter fifty-four: Ashton

My mum is blaming herself ever since she got the news from our landlord. She is disappointed in herself and think she is a bad mother but she isn't. She worked hard all her life to give us a roof to sleep under and food to put in our bellys and still is. She never stops. When I close my eyes, I can see her running around in her flower shop or in the kitchen, trying to feed Harry while helping Lauren with her homework. 

I've started to pack my stuff yesterday after Luke left and I have more things than I thought. Definitely more. I was surprised to find three average size boxes packed and ready to be moved. Now I need to fit all of my clothes in my suitcase along with my pillow.

Where are we gonna go now? 

''Where are we going to go, mum?'' I asked when I was finally done and took all of my boxed into the living room where my mum's and sibling's were. ''We can't live on the streets. Or afford an hotel.''

''I found a place for us. It's a shelter where woman or families like us, who are in difficulty and needs a roof to live under. I've phoned them a few months ago when our financial status was drastically going down and they saved us a place. It won't be as spacious as a regular apartment since it's like a community house but it's better than nothing,'' she explained. 

I nodded. ''Will we stay there for a while?''

She raised her shoulder. ''I don't know, Ashy. I really don't know. I wish I could tell you we won't and we'll have our place soon and the flower shop back but I can't. It's breaks my heart to make you, Lauren and Harry live a life like this. It's not what's best for a teenager of any kids. I'm sorry.'' 

''Don't apologize. You found us a place to live and that's a lot. It might seems like you're failing at being a mother in your eyes but to mine you're a real model. Not all parents wants the best for their child and are as good as you.'' 

As I said these words to my mother, I thought of my boyfriend's father who's clearly not the father of the year. 

She smiled at me. ''I know.'' ''I still feel like it's my fault all of this happened..'' 

''Stop blaming yourself over this, mum. Things like this can happen to the best of us.'' 

  During the afternoon, a van came to our apartment and put all of our boxes in the trunk to bring them to the familial shelter we'll be living in. 

From: Lukey

How's things in London?

To: Lukey

We've moved out already. Two guys took our stuff to the shelter we'll be staying in.

From: Lukey

That's great. Will you text me the address once you're there so I can send you cheesy letters - or sexual ones - while I'm away. Maybe naked pics? Would you like that? ;)

To: Lukey

Someone please pinch me! Are you really saying you'll write me letters instead of your usual shitty texts? Please don't. I don't want my family to see you in your birthday suit.

From: Lukey

Heyyy! They're not shitty texts, okay? They're cute. 

To: Lukey

Yeah. In your last one you were saying how bad you couldn't wait to get off this plane so you  can wee. How cute it that..

From: Lukey