Chapter thirty-nine: Luke

After dinner on Friday, I went straight to my room - Ashton and I's room - after taking a shower and got dressed. I've had gym class this morning and even if I showered at school, I prefer doing it a second time just to make sure I smell good - this makes me sound such like a girl.. 

''What are you doing?'' asked Ashton's voice, making me jump slightly.

I pulled up my black jeans with a rip on the knee. ''I've been invited to a party,'' I informed the curly haired boy standing in the doorway.

''Oh..'' He sat down on the edge of the bed, playing with his fingers and looking down at his lap. ''I thought we would do something nice together since it's it's Friday.''

''I'm sorry, Ash. We can do something on Saturday if you want,'' I offered with a small smile. ''I'll be all yours.''

''We can't.'' He sighed.

''Why not?'' I asked, turning to him.

''I wanted to take you to this cool movie screening outside, not far from here. My mum used to take me there when I was younger and I thought you'd like it there. It's way better than cinemas.''

''We can go tomorrow-''

He shook his head. ''No, it's only tonight,'' he explained. 

I feel bad for rejecting Ashton's offer. He seemed so happy to take me to that movie screening. It's not that I don't want to go, I'd love to but I've already said I would l come to the party and it would give a bad impression if I ditch to go to a movie screening. It's not a way to make friends.

''Next time,'' I promised.

''But you might not be in London for the next screening, Luke.''

I rolled my eyes. ''Stop being so negative.''

''Are you serious? Have you forgot about the fact that you did not move here. You're in London for the exchange project, not to party with your next friends or build a brand new life in a place no one know about you. We have to do activities together and explore the city so you know what to say when you're gonna have to write your essay about the exchange project.'' 

''Stop complaining, we do stuff together all the time, Ashton. Give me a fucking break for tonight.''

''A break?'' I laughed sarcastically. ''We always are on a 'break'. The only places I've took you so far is the park and the bakery. You can't write many paragraphs about that. I have to take you to some historical places and or other places you can write about.''

''I'm not here to be a tourist. I'm here to have great time and that's exactly what I'm gonna do tonight. whether you like it or not. You're not my mother, Ashton. You're just a random boy I go paired with for a school project.'' 

I heard him gulp at my harsh words. Maybe I went a little too far.. 

Not wanting to continue this argument, I grabbed my leather jacket and left the bedroom.

''Luke-'' I heard his call but I already closed the door, blocking the sound of his next words.

 Adam texted me his address around seven. His house is twenty minutes walk away from Ashton's.. Great. I arrived there around eight. The house was already crowded with people which I assume are Adam's friends. They guy must be well known in London because I can't recognize everyone - most of them doesn't go to the same school as us. Or I simple never saw them at school. 

''Hey, Adam,'' I greeted the guy as I spotted him. 

He smiled, walking in my direction. ''Luke! I'm glad you came, mate.'' He handed me a red cup. ''Want a drink?''