Chapter fourty-seven: Luke

I was heading out of the shower when I heard my phone ringing - just great. I hurried to wrap a towel around my waist and ran to Ashton's bedroom with water dripping down on the floor to answer the call. 

''Hello?'' 

''Luke, it's Charles, you manager,'' said the man's voice. ''We're in London right now and I was wondering if you were free today?'' asked my manager. ''We'd like to record a song of two because apparently, your fans can't survive with one single only,'' he explained, chuckling. ''You've told us before that you write your own songs, would you happen to have a few who could be ready to record with?'' 

''I think so.. I mean, yes. I have a notebook full of songs I've written over the years,'' I replied, smiling at the idea of recording my own songs. 

''Perfect! We're gonna have to go trough this notebook of yours before but I'm sure I won't be too disappointed when I'll read them. You have a beautiful hand, Luke. I'm sure we'll find a song or two to record during the day at the studio.'' 

''Really? I can't wait!'' I exclaimed, a big smile on my lips.  

''Oh, I forgot, I'll message you the address of the studio once I get there, be there for nine,'' said the man before hanging up, not letting me time to speak or even thank him. 

I hung up and started drying my body and put on a pair of clean boxer and jeans. It'Salready eight- thirty, I have half an hour to get there, shit

 ''You ready?'' asked Ashton, peaking trough the door. 

I hummed, searching for my small notebook trough my backpack. Why am I so messy? ''Yes but I'm not going to school today, Ash,'' I told the boy. 

He walked in, putting him hand on my shoulder. ''Luke, if you're scared of Hervey-'' 

I chuckled, shaking my head. ''That's not because of that - I'm not scared of Hervey. My manager called, he's in London right now and he wants me to record today,'' I explained, sliding my arms trough the sleeve of my flannel shirt and buttoned the button half way up. 

''Oh.. That's amazing, Luke!'' He wrapped  his arm around my shoulder, giving me a hug. I smiled and circled mine around his back. ''I'm so happy that you're living your dream,'' he added. 

''Not yet. We're just recording for the moment,'' I corrected. 

He rolled his eyes. ''Your first single plays worldwide, I bet you're gonna be the next pop star.'' 

I scrunched my nose. ''Ew, I'm not a 'pop star'. I don't sing pop music.''

''You know what I mean,'' he sighed.

I don't want to admit it to myself but I am slowly but surely becoming the next pop star. I hate this therm but that's the right word. My first single - Disconnected - has millions views on YouTube and that's just the lyrics video. I can't wait to make this song a music video. It's gonna be sick. 

I smiled, looking at him before pressing a small kiss to the corner of his mouth. ''I know, I'm just messing with you.'' 

He knitted his eyebrows together, pouting. ''I hate when you're messing with me,'' he whined. 

''That's why I love doing it.'' 

  An hour later I was walking down the streets of London, my notebook securely in my right hand and headphone on my head. I  have to contain my excitement by listening to music or I know I will fuck it up in the studio. It's the first time I'm meeting these guys and I can't allow myself to do that.