Chapter thirty-three: Luke

I missed school Monday morning but came back for lunch and the rest of the day. My manager wanted to introduce me to the team who will produce my first single. Meeting theses guys felt unreal. I had trouble believing I was not dreaming these past days but now, the news is finally sinking in as I meet all these amazing people who will help me make my biggest dream come true. We'll start recording tomorrow and my single will officially be out in less than a month. Crazy, right? 

We've also planned a small concert here in Sydney for the launch of my first single: Disconnected. Family and friends are the first on the list as my manager would say and the other will have to buy tickets that will be sold at my school and at the arena where I'll be performing. 

''What's going on between you and him?'' asked Michael during lunch. 

I arched a brow, not following him. 

''Ashton.'' He paused, taking a bite of his sandwich, swallowing before speaking again. ''You guys were kissing the other day.''

''Oh..'' The red haired lad looked at me, waiting for a more elaborated answer but seeing I was not speaking, he did. 

''What does that mean? Are you guys dating-''

''No. We're not,'' I replied, a little bit too quick. If Ashton would've been present, I'm a hundred percent sure he would've been upset and hurt by what what I said or more how I said it.

''Is he like a fuck buddy of yours?'' 

I snort, shaking my head. ''What the hell, Mikey.''

He shrugged. ''What? Answer the damn question.''

''He's not. We're just friends.'' 

''Friends,'' he snickered. ''It didn't look like it.'' I glared at him. ''You're a really bad liar, Hemmings,'' he pointed. 

''Where's Cal?'' I asked, changing the subject as I ate a bit of my cookies.

''He was called to someone's office, I think. He won't be there for lunch.'' I nod. ''Where's Ashton?''

I shrugged. ''No idea. Why would I know?'' 

''Because you guys are dating of not, you're definitely fucking because I found Ashton's dirty tee shirt and some stuff I didn't want to see back at the cabin.'' He scrunched his node. ''I thought we said it was just us who were allowed there!'' 

I was taken aback by my friend's words. I am definitely fucked. I can't get out of this. Ashton and I both got caught. I groaned and hid my face in my hands. 

''So it's true?'' he smirked. 

I sighed and reluctantly nod, not saying anything. My silence was enough for him to understand.

''Why, Luke?'' 

''Why what?'' I spat, a little bit harsh. I should try to keep it down if I don't want to make a scene in the middle of the lunch room. It wouldn't be really smart of me if I want to keep it a secret. 

''Why did you keep it a secret? Are you not considering Calum and I your friends? Because that's how it feel when your best friend hide things like this.'' 

''I didn't hide anything-'' 

''Bullshit! We used to tell each other everything but it changed, I see..'' 

''There was nothing to tell. We're not even dating.'' 

''You still kept it from us,'' he argued

''What do you expect me to do? Make a list of every person I have sex with so you guys are not 'shocked' when you see me with someone? Would you like to know how I fuck them and how it was too?'' I asked him, feeling the anger boil inside.