Chapter eleven : Luke

I heard the door opening and shutting. I raised a brow, no one's supposed to be home till five. My mother's at work, my father is at school and so is Ashton. Who can it be? I got up from my bed and walking into the hallway. ''Who's there?'' I called as I climbed down the stairs. 

''It's just me,'' I heard a faint voice I recognize as my mother's. 

''What are you doing here? Why aren't you at work?'' I quizzed. I frowned, seeing her secretly whipping the corner of her eye with her fingers. ''Is something wrong?'' 

She sniffled and closer her eyes for a second. ''Everything's fine,  Honey,'' she assured me, offering me a smile. ''Go back to your room, I'll just have a short nap in my room, I'll wake up in time to make dinner.'' She took of her high heels, letting them carelessly on the floor.

I was confused at her gesture. It's not in my mother's habits to messily leave her shoes in front of the front door. She always store them in the shoe rack or bring them to her bedroom to place them back in her closet. Also, why was she crying? She might think I didn't saw it but I did. Despite all the fight she and I have together, I still care and worry about my mother. Did something happen at work? That, I might never know since she is a very reserved woman and will never openly talk about personally thing or anything about her. She is like that. She always has been. And so am I. 

  When I walked back to my room, I grabbed my camera and put it in my backpack along with my laptop and notebook. I passed in front of my mother's bedroom and heard soft cries coming from inside.. I bite my lip at the sound.  I wans't enjoying hearing this but I also didn't know what to do. I passed a hand over my face and put my bag on my shoulder, I grabbed my skateboard and left the house. 

I rolled till I arrived at the cabin. Once inside, I put my bag down and start installing my stuff. I set my camera on top of a books/boxes pile and then sat on the couch with my notebook and guitar in hand, ready to start. 

''Whoa-oh-oh

Whoa-oh

Here's to teenage memories

Whoa-oh-oh

Whoa-oh

Here's to teenage memories

Can I call wake you up on a Sunday?

Late night, I think we need to get away.

Head lights, hold tight turn the radio loud.

Let me know where to go and I'll get you there.

Tell the truth and I'll show you how to dare.

Flash lights held tight we could own this town.

Never say goodbye.

And so kiss me, kiss me, kiss me

And tell me that I'll see you again

'Cause I don't know,

If I can let you go

And so kiss me, kiss me, kiss me

I'm dying just to see you again

Let's make tonight

The best of our lives,

Yeah.