Chapter 1: Shocking News (Yein POV)

First Posted On: May 9th 2017

Last Updated On: May 9th 2017

A/N: This takes place in end October 2014; just before Stefan and Jinyoung's plan to storm Madam K's headquarters.

~ ~ ~

"Unnie!! I'm excited for our debut!!" I told my group member Myungeun as we walked to the studio together.

"Exactly Yein ah~" she chimed in. "Even though I had a solo debut, nothing beats singing together as part of a Kpop group."

You see, Myungeun and I are part of a new girl group called 'Lovelyz'. We have been training very hard both physically and vocally and by now in preparation for our arrival on the Kpop scene. We had been getting hyped up for our debut stage and last I checked with manager oppa, that debut stage will be at 'SBS Inkigayo', so the crowds are expected to be HUGE.

Lovelyz is housed under 'Woollim Entertainment', which is a bit far from my hometown in Incheon, but the thought of debuting in front of a huge audience made me that much more willing to be early for training. Although Myungeun's hometown is in Busan, which meant a longer journey for her so...I shouldn't complain...keke~

Both of us were excited also because manager oppa told us Lovelyz would be heading to our dorm tonight! While it meant shorter travelling time to Woollim, it also meant we would get to spend more time with each other as group members. To be honest, as well as getting the chance to explore Seoul, I always wanted a chance to live outside my hometown. Omma told me once that it is good to have some exposure to metropolitan lifestyle.

Likewise for Myungeun. But I would have wanted to visit Busan one of these days before our debut.

As we got lost in our conversation, we soon reached the doors of Woollim Entertainment. The streets were a little more busy now in the late afternoon, but at least no one recognises us...for now.

"Unnies!!" I greeted the rest of my group mates as soon as Myungeun and I entered the practice room. We are a team of eight and like the typical Kpop group, the oldest member is the leader.

That leader role is taken on by Lee Soojung. She has been given the stage name of 'BabySoul' because, like Myungeun, she also made a solo debut. She's like a mother to us and I really treasure her presence. Myungeun herself has a stage name too: 'JIN'.

Other than myself. the other members of the group include Yoo Jiae, Seo Jisoo, Lee Mijoo, Kim Jiyeon (Kei) and Ryu Sujeong.

As the maknae and newest member of the group, I had to take it as my responsibility to make sure that my unnies are all coping well with training. BabySoul unnie and I take turns to ensure the well-being of the group is maintained. But more often than not, I am the one settling all the welfare stuff like buying food and drinks.

Today though, as Myungeun and I stepped into the practice room, things were about to get a little more complicated.

As usual, the members greeted us back, but I then realised something...no, someone was missing...

"Yaedul ah..." Myungeun seemed to catch on, "where's Jisoo unnie?"

"She should be on her way, no worries," Mijoo told us. But then again, Jisoo is usually the first to arrive...maybe she got caught in traffic?

Then, our manager entered the practice room. But the look on his face was...questionable to say the least.

"Lovelyz," he announced, "please gather. I have to let you know something before we proceed with today's schedule."

This could not be good...

"Well, as you may have noticed, Seo Jisoo is not here..." he stated.

"Oppa!" Soul unnie was quick to respond. "Don't tell me she..."

"Woah woah!" he calmed our leader down. "She's still in Lovelyz!"

Well then, this is good.

"However," he added, "she has been told to stay at home, and also visit a doctor tomorrow."

"MWO?!" all of us were shocked. What could have happened? Just last week she was all bubbly like us...but now...?

"Please tell us, oppa..." Jiyeon was now worried. "What is going on?!"

"It appears Jisoo has been embroiled in a bullying rumor..." manager oppa explained. "Some people from her previous school spread malicious comments about her and its circulating across the internet."

At that point, I felt anger within my heart. I became furious. Who wouldn't anyway. Jisoo would never treat others like trash.

"Woollim will be taking legal action and the police will help us," manager oppa continued. "But for now, Jisoo's mental health has to stabilise. That means, she won't be joining you all for the debut stage and promotions. We will be releasing a statement on the matter soon."

Which sucks, because the whole group had already filmed MVs for our songs 'Goodnight Like Yesterday' and 'Candy Jelly Love'. To have Jisoo missing in our debut promotions would make the group incomplete.

"Does that mean we have to fill in for Jisoo's parts for the time being?" Sujeong asked, to which our manager nodded.

"Let's hope for the best for Jisoo, right?" Soul unnie encouraged us and we all agreed with her.

Soon, we were getting down to the business of preparing to move in to our dorm. The plan was for us to stay together for the first three or four years before deciding on whether some of us would want to move out and stay elsewhere. Between now and then, the world of Kpop awaited us.

But for me, there was a lot more on my mind. Jisoo's controversy just kept ringing in my head. Malice and rumors aside, I had a gut feeling about something else being behind all these happenings to Lovelyz. But for now, I had to brush aside those doubts. Anyway, the last thing we needed was something to distract us from debut.

~ ~ ~

A/N: Why is Yein suspicious about this issue? What is in store for Lovelyz?

Starting out slowly and introducing Lovelyz to you. Can remember their names by heart now! But APink is still my bias #sorrynotsorry.

A little word about Lovelyz (and BTS). I have to admit during my hiatus, I was binge reading Lovelyz fanfics. Often they were fanfics of them and BTS (both on a group and individual level). I had come across BTS X Lovelyz fanfics previously, but for a long time I couldn't imagine how a fierce and 'menacing'-looking boy group could be paired with an innocent, schoolgirl concept girl group. Until I started reading them...

Focusing on the storylines allowed me to enjoy these fanfics more. And honestly, there are a lot of BTS X Lovelyz pairings out there. I particularly ship Yein X Jungkook (maknaes woohoo!). But I still don't understand why people ship them in fanfics... For BTS and GFriend, I kind of do now, but that is for another chapter.

That said, both BTS and Lovelyz have earned places in my music library now! You can guess which group has more songs...keke~

Vote + Comment ~ !