Chapter 31: Truth Unfolding (Yein & Yerin POV)

First Posted On: September 14th 2017

Last Updated On: September 14th 2017

~ ~ ~

(Yein POV)

(Flashback - from one hour ago)

Still cooling down from my encounter with that part-timer, I sunk back into the report I was writing up on. Yes, my mind was still in a mess, but work is work and I needed to complete it before pondering over today's events.

"Yein sshi!" one of my senior colleagues called my name. I heard it and immediately went to him.

"What's the matter?" I asked him.

"We're running out of plastic bin liners..." he explained. "Can you help us go to the city centre and get some more? Might as well get yourself something to eat; you have been engrossed with that report for a while..."

"Ne!" I answered. "I'll help you all get something to eat as well if you want!"

So it was that I made my way out of the mansion and headed to Seoul via the metro. The journey took about forty-five minutes, which was a nice time to be in a state of lull and relaxation.

But when I did arrive at Seoul station, I set about doing the tasks. I went to Lotte Mart and bought five bundles of bin liners and some spicy tteokbbokki along the nearby street.

It was while I was finishing my meal that I spotted a person behaving rather awkwardly. No...not awkwardly...but he did seem to be depressed or something. I wasn't too bothered by his actions...until he started talking to someone on the phone.

"Ne," he spoke to the operator. "Oh Jinyoung ibnida. Yes, I did call to check on my phone service last week. So you mean the network was down throughout the country? Well that sucks... Anyway, it's a good thing that it's fixed now. Ne, Kamsahabnida!"

Jakkanman...didn't he say...Oh Jinyoung?

...if you can't remember for me, remember for Oh Jinyoung!

I must speak to him!

(Flashback End)

A tense silence followed after I introduced myself to him. I had also let him know of my intentions. Either way, he looked extremely pale. Was he sick? Or perhaps in shock? Did I say something wrong?

It must be my looks right? Haiz...maybe he saw my eyebags...

"Uh...sorry for that weird introduction..." I quickly apologised. "I'm really such a pabo just approaching you like this with some groundless motive. Sasil-"

"No, it's fine..." this Jinyoung guy reassured me. "I mean...I guess I might be someone important, right?"

"Ne...?" my reply seemed to come out as a question instead. Ugh...why did I end up taking that part-timer's words seriously in the first place?

"Who...told you to come and find me?" Jinyoung probed. But I swear, I saw tears welling up in his eyes.

"Someone who used to work at my workplace..." I tried explaining. "We never met before, but just today...she confronted me and mentioned your name. I mean...she was a part-timer and-"

"Part-timer?" he seemed interested all of a sudden. Wow...couldn't he wait for me to finish?

"Ne," I continued. "She had no right to act like a miss know-it-all, but then again it's not like I know a lot myself. You see...I lost my-"