Chapter 16: Closer (Jinyoung & Yein POV)

First Posted On: June 22nd 2017

Last Updated On: June 22nd 2017

A/N: This takes place on November 17th 2015.

~ ~ ~

(Jinyoung POV)

I was getting desperate now. Things have just been too...quiet. I mean, it is alright knowing that the people close to you aren't harmed or anything, but that also means the ominous thought of Madam K's potential threats loomed.

Since Yerin's revelation, we haven't had a new development on Madam K. Stefan has also been unable to get in touch with her recently because GFriend had been filming their reality show, 'One Fine Day', in Cebu.

On my side, I couldn't reach Yein too. She and Lovelyz had been preparing for both their first mini-concert and comeback. Yes, I was looking forward to it too, if you were curious.

"Jinyoung ah..." Stefan came up to me when we were taking our break, "what's with the worried face again? Keep at it and you will have a free hair-dyeing treatment..."

"Huh?" I was confused.

"It means your hair will become grey..." our fellow trainee, Chittaphon (A/N: NCT's Ten), answered as he happened to pass by us.

"Ah geurae?" I cocked my head. "I'm getting stressed out...?"

"If it is about 2Jung," Stefan crossed his arms, "then it is quite understandable."

"So you are implying they are sisters then?" I asked.

"Aren't they?" he seemed surprised by my response. "I mean...the DNA results and missing person's archive that Officer Kim showed us spoke for themselves."

"But Stefan...Yein apparently doesn't know this yet..." I reluctantly told him.

"Impossible..." he whispered. "Yerin told me she had met Yein already and told her the truth of them being siblings."

So Yein might be hiding this from me then. No wonder when I met her and asked her about her sister, she was rather hesitant.

Knowing this, I explained to Stefan what happened at Lovelyz's dorm. He did tease me a bit about being so desperate to get close to Yein, but once he got over that, he too couldn't help but frown over the encounter Yein almost had with Madam K's comrade.

"Why did she want to separate the sisters then?" he finally asked after a long silence.

But we didn't have enough time to discuss this, because we had to return to our practice rooms for training. I guess we could ponder over it while breaking a sweat.

Unsurprisingly, after training ended for the day, I was still left unsure. Stefan had a point though. Why would the real Madam K even want to orchestrate all those raids and even, in Nate's case, go to the extent of hiring other people to keep kids locked up for years...?

If Madam K's intention was to separate families, she's done a good job so far; so good that it disgusts me.

Meanwhile, I still had a conflicted heart. Ever since I learnt that I was Yein's first love, I couldn't tame those feelings. I know deep down in my heart, I want to tell her the truth that I used to be in a relationship with a member of her favourite sunbae group. But...

That's enough Jinyoung. Protecting her comes first. Loving her comes second.

"Loving who?" someone shocked me. Aish, I spoke out loud again,