Chapter 40: Return (Stefan, Mijoo & Yein POV)

First Posted On: February 1st 2019

Last Updated On: February 1st 2019

A/N: A long chapter awaits. But I recommend reading for the context and drama.

~ ~ ~

(Stefan POV)

It all happened swiftly.

Jinyoung stood up from his seat and lunged straight for my girlfriend, Jung Yerin. Then he dragged her towards the front door as half of Lovelyz fled the scene.

The shock on Yerin's face was clear when she realised who was holding her hostage. This was unimaginable...my own friend has turned against us.

Madam K's text had caught us off guard. In fact, she manipulated Jinyoung at his weakest; when he was emotionally conflicted over whether a fake Mijoo existed.

And then...

"THAT'S ENOUGH!" Mijoo, the one person I did not expect to hear, yanked Jinyoung off Yerin. In the process, the dagger that he held grazed her right cheek and left a cut on it. I ran over and caught my girlfriend; covering her injured face to stop the bleeding.

And together with the other Lovelyz members, we witnessed the most unbelievable scene unfold...

Mijoo head-locked Jinyoung and then flipped him over. Her strength came as a surprise to us all since she was known to be a weak girl and the group's visual. It didn't seem like she cared about either of those things at the moment.

Now, Jinyoung's neck was exposed. He was clearly struggling, but that was because his body was being controlled by Madam K. Still no idea how she was doing that though...

"Mianhae, Jinyoung," Mijoo panted. "I know Madam K tried to use you to make everyone doubt me. I know it wasn't your fault you became like this, and Madam K shall no longer control you..."

"DON'T YOU DARE!" Jinyoung resisted.

Too late, Mijoo elbowed my best friend's neck, which knocked him out cold.

A tense silence followed...but finally I broke it first out of anger.

"LEE SEUNGAH!" I snapped at her using her real name. "What have you done to my friend?! Possessed or not, you have harmed someone's life!"

"Stefan..." Yerin tried to calm me down, but I was already boiling inside.

"Hear me out please, Stefan!" Mijoo was in tears now. "I had no choice...it was the only way to stop Madam K from controlling your friend. His neck is not broken; I assure you of that. But he does need to lie down and rest for the time being."

"All that talk..." I hissed. "You better explain it all."

Why did Mijoo know so much about this? Heck she even found a new(?) way to stop Madam K's antics.

Either way, Baby Soul and JIN helped carry Jinyoung into Yein's room while Sujeong attended to Yerin's injury. Once they had been settled, the rest of Lovelyz gathered once more and it was Mijoo's turn to be interrogated.

"Mijoo unnie..." Yerin spoke first. "Kamsahabnida...for saving me."

"It was the most I could do after I mistrusted you and Jinyoung... I didn't know the full gravity of the situation until he took out the two fake Yein robots in our dorm the other time," Mijoo looked remorseful.

"Come to think of it," Kei, her roommate pointed out, "after that incident, I remember Mijoo locked herself in our room for days. I wonder why though?"