Chapter 13: Face To Face (Yein & Yerin POV)

First Posted On: May 26th 2017

Last Updated On: May 26th 2017

A/N: This takes place on October 30th 2015.

~ ~ ~

(Yein POV)

Finally...coming to the end of October, and our comeback promotions are reaching a close. We also just got the news that we will be making another comeback just in time for Christmas! Manager oppa also told us that we will be revealing our fandom name at around the same time too!

Of course, the other members were just as delighted. Our fans finally can become recognised in the Kpop world! That must be a truly momentous day coming up.

I wonder if Jinyoung will be part of the fandom?

Well...anything could happen. But today, we just had to focus on our schedule. We had an appearance on 'Yoo Hee Yeol's Sketchbook' and we will be performing, other than 'Ah Choo', a cover of S.E.S.'s song 'Relay'.

It would also be Jisoo's first appearance on 'Sketchbook' so the topic of her controversy might come up again. But she already knew what to say.

Just minutes away from airtime, Lovelyz were in the waiting room making final preparations. As they did so, I took out my locket. Now the members have seen me take it out before every stage, so they understand that it is something precious to me.

"Why don't you go about trying to open it?" JIN asked me once.

"You need a key to open it unnie," I explained. "But since my parents gave me this...I never found that key..."

All I needed was that key to uncover this secret locked away in this locket of mine.

"Lovelyz standby to be on stage! One minute!" the PD called us.

"Yein ah, kaja!" Sujeong nudged me. I followed her out, but not before stuffing the locket back into my bag. It's common practice already. But that evening...all that was about to change...

Though, when Lovelyz was welcomed onto stage, I didn't suspect anything. As expected, we received a warm reception from the fans and of course from Yoo Heeyeol sunbaenim too. From performing to chatting with Heeyeol sunbaenim, we saw it as a meaningful time spent with everyone that evening.

Heeyeol sunbaenim then asked us, "Do you, as Lovelyz, see yourselves as a family?"

"Dangyunhaji~" Soul unnie grinned. "Among the members, we certainly can call ourselves family. During our difficult time, it was tough to stay strong, but I'm glad we managed to pull through to make it to where we are today."

Family...such a nice word. I'm glad. Just glad.

And yet...something about that word was bugging me...in a good way? It was as if I'll be thinking a lot about it from now on.

My thoughts turned to my locket. Strange...why would I suddenly be thinking about it?

"Yein sshi?" Heeyeol sunbaenim's voice brought me back to reality. "As the maknae, do you think your unnies treat you well?"

"Ah~" I answered. "They're really nice to me...and with them...it's comforting and homely."

"Aigoo..." Mijoo teased. "Don't be so flattering, Yein ah."

The fans and members all laughed in response.

But I knew I couldn't take this for granted. It was, after all, the actions of one brave person who brought me here today.