Chapter 30: Right Before My Eyes (Yerin & Jinyoung POV)

First Posted On: September 11th 2017

Last Updated On: September 11th 2017

A/N: Ok...didn't really want to release a chapter on this particular date...but what must be done, must be done.

~ ~ ~

(Yerin POV)

I was speechless after the last few minutes in that room... It was obvious, I came face to face with her.

LITERALLY HER!

But...she seemed to have some bout of amnesia; she couldn't even remember me. And that actually hurt my heart the more I thought about it.

What could be worse than seeing your own sister deny that she knew who you were? Well...maybe getting controlled by Madam K that time, but still...

It finally hit me. Even with the recent success of taking down fakes, Madam K still had the upper hand. By capturing and manipulating Yein's memories, the ball was still firmly in her court. She could plan anything from controlling me to shifting her terror to either Stefan or Jinyoung...and we would have no answer to that.

"Something troubling you, part-timer?" the comrade noticed my pale-faced expression.

"Ani," I lied. "Anyway, where is the boss working from now?"

"Patience, young lady," he smirked. "I'll be taking you there. But if you must know, I'll tell you this. The boss doesn't allow us to reveal her workplace to anyone verbally."

Wow...so secretive huh?

The mansion was indeed a maze. The comrade had guided me through so many hallways and doors that even I was confused over where the main entrance was. This might just be a deception strategy from Madam K...

Finally, we arrived at an ordinary-looking lift. There were a few of these lifts around the mansion, but there must be something special about this one...

"We are almost there," he told me as we entered the lift. He also pressed a floor that seemed...pretty out of place.

After travelling down goodness knows how many floors, the lift doors opened. As I expected, the place was dank, dimly-lit and foreboding. But somewhere...lay the mastermind herself...

And, if I was lucky, I might just uncover her true intentions. Chances were...they'd be terrifying.

Along the way, I tried to understand what happened to poor Yein. Sure...getting kidnapped and losing her memory was bad enough...but surely Madam K had some motive when she did all those things to Yein and even other victims of hers. Furthermore, how Madam K pick her victims? Surely not randomly...right?

"Part-timer," the comrade suddenly spoke up as we stood in front of a certain door, "I'm afraid this is when you are left alone...and I hope your meeting goes well."

"K-Kamsahabnida..." I seemed puzzled by his mysterious response. But nonetheless, after he turned back towards the lift, I bravely knocked on the door in front of me.

"Who comes?" I heard the familiar voice of Madam K.

"It's me..." I hesitated while using the same tone of voice from last time.

"I haven't heard that voice in two years..." her voice was more chilling this time around. "Come in..."

Gingerly, I squeezed my way into the room. Then, I was greeted with a side profile of the woman who helped me pull through my younger days (in monetary terms). Visually, she looked much aged from the last time I saw her and perhaps, she might be in a stressed, unsettled state of mind at that moment.