Chapter 19: Please Meet Them (Yein & Yerin POV)

First Posted On: June 28th 2017

Last Updated On: June 28th 2017

A/N: This takes place on January 30th 2016. Although, there are spoilers to 'The Boss Is Watching'.

~ ~ ~

(Yein POV)

(Flashback - Last Week)

Manager oppa informed us that we will be participating in an survival show with a group of trending idols. Naturally, we were all hyped up and looking forward to the recording.

"There's a twist though," he added. "The title of the show is 'The Boss Is Watching', so...if you know what I mean..."

"S-s-sajangnim...will be attending?" Kei acted worried.

"Ne. Lee Joongyeob sajangnim will be watching you," manager oppa confirmed our assumptions. "And you will be on the show with BTS, MonstaX, Seventeen, BAP, UP10TION, Laboum, TWICE, Sonamoo, Brave Girls, GFriend..."

(Flashback End)

That was all I needed to hear.

It had been only a month into the new year, and my Christmas wish came true. In my mind, I never expected this was possible, but the opportunity to meet Yerin again has landed right in front of me.

So this past week, we had been training hard for the events that the show might offer; physically, mentally and psychologically. For me though, I also trained my sixth sense. Why? Well...let's just say Jinyoung's words never left my mind.

Yein, it might be a wild idea...but Madam K probably wants to separate siblings...

If Yerin and I met on stage, Madam K would not take it lightly. And worse, there are more than a hundred other celebrities taking part in the recording. Their lives are at risk.

Nevertheless, Yerin and I neet to meet. Inevitably, Lovelyz would also meet GFriend. Brilliant.

"Maknae?" Mijoo unnie noticed my distracted self. "You seem nervous..."

"Ne unnie," I forced a smile.

"Geogjeong hajima," Jisoo reassured me. "Chicken fight is quite easy. I've watched our sunbaes do it well."

It isn't that, unnie. GFriend is the more immediate worry.

We arrived at the filming location and made our way to the performance hall where 'The Boss Is Watching' will be taking place. For a while, there was a little buzz of excitement as we chatted with our boss, CEO Lee.

After he left, the hallway was filled with a new set of voices. They sounded livelier than we were and gave off a fresh vibe. Instantly we knew who it was.

They saw us and immediately came to greet us with, "Annyeonghaseyo, Yeoja Chingu (GFriend) ibnida!"

I was fine with smiling back at them, but, perhaps not wanting to be put off by them, BabySoul unnie initiated our greeting, and we said, "Urineun, so Lovelyz! Annyeonghaseyo Lovelyz ibnida!"

I watched GFriend's faces. They seemed intimidated already. Soul unnie wae?

In the brief awkward silence, I made eye contact with Yerin. She seemed to understand the sticky situation I was in.

"Uh...s-sunbaenims..." the GFriend member named Eunha broke the silence first. "It seems like this is the first time we are meeting in a long while..."