Chapter 29: Struggle (Yerin & Yein POV)

First Posted On: September 5th 2017

Last Updated On: September 5th 2017

~ ~ ~

(Yerin POV)

I didn't turn back and in no time, I was safely(?) back in GFriend's waiting room. Perhaps still tired from the escape, I didn't even have the strength to lift my head up. I was wheezing heavily and I couldn't utter a single word for some time.

Only when I had cooled down did I realise something wasn't right...again. The problem was that the room was too quiet. That was because it was...empty.

Where were the stylists?! Our manager?! More importantly...WHERE WERE THE MEMBERS?!

In a split second, heavy footsteps approached me before my mouth was covered by someone's hand. I was also locked in their tight grip.

"Found you..." I heard the guy whisper. It was then I deduced he was probably one of Madam K's comrades. How the heck did he sneak through security?!

He started dragging me out of the room. At first, I didn't struggle, but gradually, I was beginning to panic. So, what does a girl like me do when in distress?

Well, I flapped my arms wildly. Very professional Yerin.

When at last, we did leave the building, I was directed to a nearby alley. Only then did I properly come face to face with that comrade. Like every other comrade in Madam K's command, he donned on a suited outfit and shades.

"How was my acting?" he acted nonchalantly. "I deserve like five stars for that masterful move to take you out of the building right?"

What a cheek of this guy. Was he also responsible for the disappearance(?) the members? Luckily, I still had my phone, so if anything, I probably will try to text the members. Chances are, they are together...somewhere. And at least one of them would have brought along their phone.

"Anyway, part-timer, fancy seeing you here..." he voice turned serious.

"Y-Yeah..." I put on a brave face. "Nice to see you too..."

"Seems like you are enjoying one of those glitzy lives now huh?" he crossed his arms this time.

The way he didn't seem surprised by my idol life in GFriend confirmed my suspicions. Madam K knows I'm a Kpop idol now. Oh...didn't this mean she had a motive to bring me down? Even so...why was Yein the one she kidnapped...and not me?

"Anyway, it's a good thing we met," the comrade continued. "Why don't we go and see the boss?"

T-T-The boss? As in Madam K?

"I'm sure she'd be glad to see you again too," he added. "Who knows, maybe you'll land another job from her?"

"Seeing her isn't a bad idea..." I tried to play along. "But I already have a full-time job. So I don't need any more jobs now..."

"Didn't you get paid well by the Boss?" the comrade seemed surprised by my reluctance. "You aren't even enticed by money now?"

I shook my head. I won't let this guy drag me into the pits of my old ways.

"At least pay her a visit?" he offered. "Besides, I heard there have been some new developments at HQ."

At first, I was seriously not liking the idea of facing the woman who attempted to fill my mind with horrible intentions. But the more I thought about it...this might just turn things in our favour.