Chapter 32: Know This (Jinyoung & Yerin POV) [Birthday Special]

First Posted On: September 30th 2017

Last Updated On: September 30th 2017

A/N: You didn't think I'd update today, did you?

~ ~ ~

(Jinyoung POV)

Everything was a blur. It all happened in a flash that I basically used up all my adrenaline to flee the scene with a less than perfect Yein in tow. Hey, I didn't ask for any of this. It was that woman's devious tricks that were giving us a hard time. First she wants to rob my happiness, now she intends to rob our life?

Bullets ricocheting inches from my skin, I skillfully slid into a sensible hideout: a cardboard box. It would serve its purpose as a temporary but inconspicuous object.

"Where the heck is this guy?!" I heard one of the attacker's motivated, but frustrated cry.

"Definitely saw him here just a moment ago!" I heard another one grumble.

"Argh, you useless dummies," another guy complained. "Just keep patrolling this area. They couldn't have gone far..."

Yeah...like we are right under your noses...just that you can't really find us.

Once the coast was clear (and quieter), I shifted my posture to make it more comfortable for Yein and I. Unsurprisingly, the girl had fainted out of fatigue. All that running about must have sapped what little energy she had in her. Oh yeah Madam K, screw you for cooping her up indoors.

Either way, Yein still looked so at peace even in such a dire situation. How was she able to do that? It made me like her even more.

Yes, I admit it. I like this girl so much I cannot bear to lose her anymore.

And I regret not realising my feelings sooner...because it is too late. She cannot even remember me for crying out loud.

I held onto her delicate hands while trying my best to stop my tears from falling. It's not often that I shed away my confident side. Even when I was together with Yookyung, I kept up a manly side so I didn't embarrass myself in front of her. But after being with Yein, I realised how badly my true self wanted to come out.

And when you really like someone deeply, you will be yourself...for them. You will fight for her, but also cry with her.

Yein's hands remained cold and limp. She also seemed to be perspiring profusely. And with Madam K's comrades still looming, the sense of urgency was real. Yein has to come to soon...but how.

Duh, pabo yah...you can do this...

Without hesitation, I placed my teeth on her fingers and bit them. When she didn't respond, I bit down a little harder.

Instinctively, her body twitched. Spurred on, I bit down really hard as my mind replayed the moment when we first met.

Perhaps it was the power of love(?), but the bite was enough to make her flinch and sit upright.

"Yah! Neo-" she was startled awake, but I clamped her mouth so that she wouldn't give away our hiding spot.

"Gosh, hush a bit please," I begged her. "We're hiding, just in case you wanted to know."

"That doesn't explain why you bit me like some hungry vampire!" she whisper-yelled. "Unless you really are one?!"

My heart sank. Maybe it was now beyond my ability to trigger her memories.