Chapter 20: Kick Butt (Stefan & Jinyoung POV)

First Posted On: July 1st 2017

Last Updated On: July 1st 2017

A/N: This takes place on February 10th 2016.

~ ~ ~

(Stefan POV)

"Oh my goodness," I couldn't contain my thoughts any longer. "Did you watch the Lunar New Year special, Jinyoung?"

"Can't say I didn't," Jinyoung agreed. "Well...let's admit this, we only paid attention to Lovelyz and GFriend."

We laughed at that thought, because it was completely true. What's also true was that we only paid attention to the segments where Yein and Yerin appeared.

"What was that back there during the chicken fight?" I pointed out. "Yerin literally just shoved Yein...just like that?!"

"Seemed too easy..." Jinyoung agreed. "But hey, Yerin has strong thighs, so it is quite believable."

Sigh...the problems of being a mere fanboy. Most of the time, I'm watching Yerin from a screen and not in real-life. Ok...technically I'm watching over her in case Madam K strikes, but still...

"Stefan..." Jinyoung sighed. "It's obvious you like her. Tell her that, and you never know...maybe Yerin also has feelings for you?"

"I could say the same about you and Yein," I scoffed. "I have the text messages to prove it."

"Yah!" he snapped. "Don't you dare show them to her later!"

Jinyoung has been sharing his complicated relationship issues with me lately. So I know that he is Yein's first love. He and I have a case of 'cannot let go' of our ex-girlfriends, but slowly, we are 'recovering' thanks to Yerin and Yein.

And yes, they have agreed to meet us later on. It seemed as if the danger of Madam K is growing bit by bit. It is imminent, but uncertain as to when she'd strike. Above all, Yerin needs to meet Yein's parents, because who knows, she might get some memories back.

But before all this could happen, Jinyoung insisted we get a birthday present for Naeun. It's her birthday today, so we started out early to search for the ideal gift for her.

"If not, Hayoung will murder me in my sleep tonight," he told me earlier that day. These twins' interactions are like free sitcoms for the people around them.

We decided to search for a decent gift around Myeongdong. Even at mid-morning, the streets were packed and bustling. I know, it was still winter, but that didn't seem to faze the teens and young adults patronising the myriad of shops in the area.

"Both of them shouldn't meet here..." Jinyoung deduced. "There's too much atmosphere."

"Agreed," I nodded. "Oh look, why not we get Naeun a face mask?"

"Gah...Naeun has a lot of those already for sure..." he shook his head.

"Maybe...gym outfit?" I offered.

"She's already sponsored by addidas," he laughed. "So she probably has a lot of those already."

We were keeping an eye out for something black, since we knew that was Naeun's favourite colour. And I was glad we did that...because...

"Yah yah yah," I poked Jinyoung urgently. "Look there..."

At the end of the shopping street, I saw a group of men dressed in black suits. They wore shades, but in the winter...that is a bit...weird. One of them made eye contact with me and stared at me for a few seconds.