Chapter 14: Thinking Of You (Yein & Jinyoung POV)

First Posted On: June 6th 2017

Last Updated On: June 6th 2017

A/N: *begs* Please keep reading this story.

~ ~ ~

(Yein POV)

That person who holds the key, is your sister.

These words kept replaying in my head over and over again. Sure, I'm so glad that after all these years, my locket has been opened. But the very fact that Yerin had the key...and what she said as well...left me speechless.

I was an only child...and Omma and Appa never mentioned me having another sibling. And then SHE, Jung Yerin, of all people, told me this out of the blue.

Otteokae?!

"Yein," Yerin grabbed my shoulders lightly. "I know it is too much to ask of you, but do you not recognise me at all? Not even vaguely? I guess not since I was kidnapped when I was two?"

"You...were...?" I shuddered.

"Yeah," she looked down. "I figured that was what happened, but then I ended up in an orphanage shortly after that. I grew up as an orphan...but in reality I actually have a family..."

"And I'm that family of yours?" I was still puzzled. "Jung Yerin...you are sure you know what you are saying?"

"Yein..." she was still tearing up. "Why can't you just believe me?"

I stood up and looked down at Yerin. It was unnatural of me already, because normally I would be trying to console a person who discovered that she had found her family. But...why can't I trust Yerin? It's not that I don't hate her or anything...but...

She's in GFriend, and your group see them as rivals...

Shut up brain. I've had enough for one evening already.

"I will talk to my parents about this..." I told Yerin. "But, I will try to trust you."

And in an even more unnatural move from me, I placed my locket in Yerin's hands. Now it was her turn to look puzzled.

"If you really are my unnie," I gave her a meaningful look, "you will learn to keep and treasure this locket. But if you ever lose this, I will not hesitate to make your life miserable, because that would be as good as losing my, and possibly our, family."

I knew she held the key to opening it, so that's half the mystery solved.

After that, I turned around and left her. I had a matter to settle with my parents, and if anything, Yerin's life from now on is also in my hands.

I took the bus back to the dorm as per normal with the thoughts from earlier still swimming in my head. But before heading in the dorm, I stopped by a nearby public telephone and dialed my home in Incheon. I know Appa would still be awake, so I hoped he could give me an explanation.

"Yein ah~!" he was quite pleased when he heard my voice from the other end. "How have you been?"

"Appa," I became serious, "I'm going to ask you some questions, and you must answer only yes or no. Arasso?"

"Um..." he sounded hesitant. "Are you sure-"

"Am I an only child?" I dropped the question subtly first.

"N-Ne..." he stuttered. "Y-You are our beloved daughter, of course!"

He's hiding something.

"Fine," I continued. "Then would you like it if I have a sister?"