Chapter 37: Reversed Fate? (Stefan & Jinyoung POV)

First Posted On: December 23rd 2018

Last Updated On: December 23rd 2018

~ ~ ~

(Stefan POV)

"Yah yah yah!" I complained. "You could at least let me walk there myself! Geez, no wonder you are the strongest member of GFriend..."

For the record, when Yerin gripped my wrist, I was taken by surprise. Might even need an ice pack to alleviate the pain.

"You know Stefan," Jinyoung sighed as we entered Yerin's room, "for a guy, you aren't that tough at times. It makes Yerin a strong woman, like Do Bongsoon..."

"Hahaha, very funny Oh Jinyoung," Yerin sarcastically answered him. "Although keep this strength thing in mind because we are about to discuss a lot about it."

What about strength? Cannot be...the strength of her lo-

Cut it out Stefan. She's being serious about the situation we are in. Put your feelings aside for the time being and don't let you kissing her bother you.

"And Stefan," Yerin interrupted my train of thought, "remember the kiss you gave me those months back? I suggest you try jogging that memory right now."

Ok...maybe don't forget the kiss just yet.

"Alright, so what is the new revelation?" Jinyoung pressed on the matter.

"I should have told you this earlier," Yerin found it hard to face us now. "But when Yein showed up with amnesia in the middle of the street, I missed my chance. This time, it all makes sense."

Yerin then went on to explain the vision she saw and recounted her meeting with Madam K. Horrifying details, including how Madam K tried to trap her (twice), were not left out and it made us upset, then furious.

"Oh that woman is really taking it too far!" Jinyoung hissed.

Well...when I say 'us', it's mostly Jinyoung.

"So," I tried to get things back on track, "Madam K talked about pairings right? In her mind, she wants successors to carry on her devious deeds of kidnapping, family separating and assassination. But not just any successor...?"

"Yes Stefan," Yerin nodded. "Ideally, this pairing should have the ability to fight and fend for each other. Crucially, they must also do the same for...themselves."

"Themselves?" Jinyoung was puzzled. "Knowing Madam K she never really thought about that..."

"That's because you were dealing with fakes," Yerin pointed out. "Obviously, as fakes, they do not care for themselves; they don't mind getting destroyed by you two."

Uh...true... After all, the real Madam K would be the wiser. Plus, successors are a good avenue for her to impart her knowledge to them.

"What qualities might her successors have?" I asked.

"As many as possible!" Yerin bluntly spoke. "Well...two qualities, in particular, must stand out, and they are physical and mental strength. Those were Madam K's core qualities too."

Ah~ that's why strength is important.

"Is being siblings an advantage?" I continued questioning her.

"Ne," Yerin agreed. "But if she was really desperate, she could have just used any random pair; even you and Jinyoung."

"What does she see in you, Yerin?" I remained curious.