Chapter 39: Alert (Yerin & Yein POV)

First Posted On: January 30th 2019

Last Updated On: January 30th 2019

~ ~ ~

(Yerin POV)

Enter Lovelyz's dorm? Done. Not get killed by them? Fortunately. Break the news to them? Yeah...this is going to fail miserably.

It all went wrong when Mijoo showed up at the corridor outside the door. According to Jinyoung, the real Mijoo has been kidnapped by Madam K...but if there is a Mijoo here...was he right in the first place? Madam K might be tricking us...again.

Focus Yerin. Now is the time to be mentally strong. Try to decipher Madam K's plans; a lot of people are counting on us.

"Jinyoung," Baby Soul asked him. "What brings you here today?"

"Soul sshi," Jinyoung explained. "There might not be a less blunt way to put this...but Lovelyz's visual member, Lee Mijoo, has been kidnapped."

I braced myself for either the inevitable move from Mijoo or the looks if disbelief from Lovelyz. There was a long pause as everyone slowly turned to faced Mijoo; unsure if she was real or fake (A/N: Lovelinus, please don't murder me).

"Eyy..." Kei spluttered out in amusement. "I-Isn't Mijoo right here? Jinyoung sshi...perhaps you might be sick...?"

"But...it is difficult to be sure too," Jisoo was apprehensive since she was sitting next to Mijoo.

"I don't know if this is nonsense from you Jinyoung, but stuff like this cannot be taken lightly, right leader-nim?" JIN gestured to Jinyoung and Baby Soul.

This was getting nowhere. Even Lovelyz's leader was unable to offer a solution. All the while, the accused, Lee Mijoo, remained silent and visibly unnerved. I could see the sweat dripping from her forehead, but I wasn't entirely sure if that could be fake too. Madam K probably learnt from her mistakes and made more realistic fakes...that sweat and have a more human-like behaviour under stress.

"I-I'm scared..." Mijoo suddenly uttered for the first time since the news of her(?) kidnapping.

"That is not her usual behaviour, Yerin," Stefan whispered to me. "Mijoo is not that reserved."

"Obviously; she's afraid..." I stated to my slightly dense boyfriend. "Who wouldn't feel frightened knowing that you are kidnapped or-"

Aish molla. I cannot even explain Mijoo's predicament.

"Mijoo unnie..." Sujeong finally spoke up. "Where were you earlier?"

Aha! A decisive question. If she had a schedule earlier, she would remember.

"I had a photoshoot for a magazine..." Mijoo told us. "After that, I took public transportation back to the dorm."

Public transportation...?

"That's what I usually do...not you..." Jiae rebutted. "Our Mijoo always waits for our manager oppa to pick her up."

From my field of vision, I saw Jinyoung preparing to fight.

"Jiae unnie," Mijoo tried to convince her, "I just wanted to take a new route back. Besides manager oppa-"

"-called me and asked where you were." Baby Soul finished Mijoo's sentence. "You cannot hide it anymore...FAKE MIJOO!"

"UNNIE!" Mijoo(?) defended herself. "You are getting this wrong! Jinyoung made a mistake, you should check with him!"

I still couldn't go all out against her yet. Even Jinyoung and Stefan were holding back. This might be Madam K's new trick; to make fakes guilt trip us. Either way, Lovelyz is in danger.