Chapter 26: Strange Behaviour (Jinyoung & Yerin POV)

First Posted On: August 4th 2017

Last Updated On: August 4th 2017

A/N: This takes place on June 18th 2016.

~ ~ ~

(Jinyoung POV)

Narrowly escaping defeat was a huge relief for both me and Stefan. But ever since we learnt that Madam K has started sending out her contraptions again, both of us knew that things would never return to normal...unless we start thinking of ways to defeat her.

Though I was initially hesitant at launching a full blown attack on the fake Yein, I went ahead because I knew Madam K was smart. She wouldn't just send out just one fake; she would send another fake to blend into Lovelyz.

It would be as if Yein had always been there. No one would notice any difference.

Sure enough, for the other music shows that followed, Lovelyz performed 'Destiny' as a full group of eight members. The usual cheers for them could be heard and fake Yein looked and acted like the real Yein.

With each performance, I also became more angered and hungry for revenge. Madam K was certainly the masterful trickster indeed.

On this day, Stefan and I were chilling in one of the practice rooms in SM Entertainment. Well, when I say 'chilling', I actually meant discussing about Madam K's next move. Both of us were already getting fed up with the lack of progress, and we still had no idea where Yein is being held at.

"Is Yerin taking the news well?" I asked Stefan knowing that he has been making sure Yerin is alright.

"Sort of..." he answered. "She's got GFriend to help her too."

Through Stefan, I knew about Yerin revealing her sibling relation with Yein to the GFriend members. Honestly, I felt that she did the right thing. Moral support from her group is what she needed at that time.

"If there's any consolation for you," Stefan tried to lighten the mood, "those fakes will show their weaknesses. Chances are, Madam K has a lot of them in reserve, just in case."

"Easy to think that," I sighed. "But how would we know if the fakes are malfunctioning? We can't track them..."

"Exactly, we can't," he still seemed unconcerned. "But someone can."

"Yerin?" I suggested.

"No silly," he shook his head. "Who else would know Yein?"

"You think Lovelyz can help us?" I was unsure. "Heck I can't even get in contact with Yein, never mind Lovelyz."

"Jinyoung," Stefan spoke in a serious tone, "you have been to their dorm before, by accident. You have also met the members thanks to Yein. They might not have full trust in you yet, but they shouldn't be kept in the dark about the tom-foolery going on right under their noses."

Stefan's right. I couldn't bear to imagine how Lovelyz might feel when they discover that the Yein who has been living and singing with them is actually a fake. But how was I supposed to tell them that the real Yein is captured somewhere...?

But above all else, I needed to know whether the Yein in Lovelyz now is actually a fake.

"I'll have to pay Lovelyz another visit then..." I resolved. "It won't come without consequences though..."

"Get their full trust first," Stefan advised. "It'll make a huge difference."

"Yeah genius..." I rolled my eyes. "How are they going to trust some 'friend' of Yein who has some mysterious background where Yein is indirectly involved?"