Chapter 9: Co-Operate (Jinyoung & Yein POV)

First Posted On: May 19th 2017

Last Updated On: May 19th 2017

~ ~ ~

(Jinyoung POV)

I guess Stefan finally saw for himself what I was trying to tell him. That day at the concert, when Stefan was cheering for Yerin, he pointed to her to show me and Yoonhee who his bias is.

When I saw her, I recognised it, even from afar.

Her eyes. The same eyes I saw last year...when she attacked Nate near APink's dorm. I guess that's a natural gift of mine having been brought up for years in Madam K's world. Yeah...photogenic memory much...

But alas, I wasn't prepared for this other surprise.

"Now Ms Jung," Officer Kim spoke cautiously, "I know you are a bit hesitant about this, but we need you to take off your disguise. We'll keep your identity within these walls."

I was anticipating this too. Who is Ms Jung really?

Slowly, she removed the hood of her hoodie, revealing her shoulder-length, brown hair...with bangs? Wait a minute...isn't she...

Finally, she took off her mask, and I couldn't believe it.

"Annyeonghashimika," she greeted politely. "GFriend's Jung Yerin ibnida."

I. Was. Right.

"Heol..." Stefan was about to pass out already. I guess he didn't know whether to laugh or cry. How would it feel to come to the realisation that your favourite celebrity has a shocking secret?

"Choesonghabnida," she apoogised again. "If you were GFriend fans up till now...it is all in vain right...?"

"Ah...no!!" Stefan quickly shook his head. "I still like you Yerin-"

WHAT?!

"Aish..." Stefan face-palmed. "I mean, I still like GFriend. You had your reasons and..."

"Cut it already, Stefan," I brought him back to reality. "You just let out your own secret..."

At this point, Yerin let out a cute laugh. I'd admit, it was adorable...but I still couldn't fully trust her myself after learning she was the one who attacked Nate. I still have a slight grudge.

"Well Jinyoung," Officer Kim told me. "Yerin here was a part-time comrade of your kidnapper, Madam K. She told us that she was attacked on her last task for her by some guy."

"That guy would be me, sir," I admitted. "SHE attacked our friend..."

"But Jinyoung," Stefan finally became serious again, "if you hadn't attacked her, she could still be Madam K's underling. Yerin told us that she cut off all ties with Madam K after that incident."

I remained silent. Could I really trust her? I mean, I did hear her background story, but would fear stop her from bringing us closer to Madam K and finally ridding her once and for all?

"Jinyoung sshi..." Yerin tried to initiate a conversation with me, "I c-can't express my t-thanks for your intervention that day... You made me realise..."

"Not today Yerin sshi," I snapped. That's the coldest I ever been since being under Madam K.

"Jinyoung..." Stefan wanted to reassure me, I presumed.

"It's great that Yerin sshi was able to discern right from wrong after that incident," I relayed my thoughts to them. "But I'm not willing to fully trust her yet."