Chapter 25: Imminent Danger (Stefan & Yerin POV)

First Posted On: August 1st 2017

Last Updated On: August 1st 2017

A/N: A Yein POV might not appear for a while...

~ ~ ~

(Stefan POV)

Everything I saw unfold at that instant basically confirmed my suspicions. Undoubtedly, I was now caught in a 'in-between-a-rock-and-a-hard-place' situation. I could go to Jinyoung and assist him to try and get rid of fake(?) Yein. But at the same time, I wasn't sure if she was just under Madam K's control.

Did that mean I have to kiss someone again...? UGH! NOT NOW STEFAN! Focus...

From the looks of it, there was only one Yein there. Even if she was under control of a sort, two people (being me and Jinyoung), can still overpower her. But, Jinyoung might be at a psychological and emotional disadvantage...because he is fighting Yein (or fake Yein... Aish molla!).

The way this fake Yein was always on the offensive, while simultaneously resisting Jinyoung's compromised counterattacks masterfully, made it challenging for me to intercept. If Jinyoung himself was already having a hard time fending her off, I probably wouldn't have stood a chance.

But I remained confident, and approached the ensuing battle. According to plan, I ambushed fake Yein; hoping to distract her so Jinyoung can overpower her. Think Stefan. What is a good distraction tool...?

Well, I managed to find one in the end. But of all things, it had to be...a stick. Better than nothing, I guess...

Observing the battle, it was clear that Jinyoung was struggling. His stamina, though equivalent of a 'Duracell' battery, was behaving like how any battery would when it is close to dying. In short, he's screwed.

But at last, I found an opportunity. Fake Yein's back was in my line of sight. If I could just distract her...

I didn't hesitate, and in one swift motion, I threw the stick at her. Thanks to the ambush, the stick hit her so accurately that she turned to my direction.

"Finally!" Jinyoung shouted and he summoned the last of his strength to pin fake Yein down. I then rushed forward to try and send this fake into...idle?

"You. Will. Not. Win!" fake Yein still rambled on, perhaps trying to toy with Jinyoung's emotions again. But I was not intending to giving in that easily.

That's when I spotted the Swiss army knife that the fake used to attack Jinyoung. Fortunately, it was within my reach, and I quickly picked it up with my free hand. But then I encountered a new problem.

I can kill this fake Yein, but Jinyoung will witness it. Furthermore, I wasn't sure if the fake's words have already affected Jinyoung's mindset.

But, I hoped this last resort would work...

"Jinyoung, look away!" I warned him and saw him shut his eyes tight. That's when I thrusted the knife into the fake Yein. Red liquid splattered everywhere, but I couldn't be sure if it was blood.

After a few minutes, the fake's struggling stopped. Jinyoung and I wriggled free from its remains(?) and looked at the...crime scene...? I mean, it was my first public offence...and I wasn't feeling too good about this outcome.

Well...Jinyoung had been through countless cases like this. But that was ages ago...

After a long, suffocating silence, he finally broke it, saying, "She's done it again. And now she has the upper hand."