Chapter 4: Be Aware (Yerin POV)

First Posted On: May 12th 2017

Last Updated On: May 12th 2017

~ ~ ~

"Yerin ah!" Sowon unnie approached me. "What took you so long in the washroom? And...you are perspiring already?!"

How was I going to explain to her...?

"Ah don't worry unnie," I reassured her. "The washroom was just...hot! Yeah that's why. Phew~"

"Sure..." Sowon seemed doubtful. "Never mind, at least you are back. Let's get ready for our sound check!"

"Arasso unnie~" I answered. Maybe what happened earlier was just random. I shouldn't dwell over it... Yeah...like it won't come back to bug you afterwards right?

As expected, our next two debut stages went on as per normal. The fans cheered wildly for us, the members were pleased and I was looking forward to our next schedule knowing we are already well established in the music industry.

(~A few weeks later~)

As the weeks passed, our unofficial fanbase gradually grew along with our confidence on stage. We were also called to appear on other non-music shows too; SinB for the children's show 'The Fairies In My Arms' and me for the web drama 'Midnight Girl'.

Of course, we also got to interact with other artists off stage. Often, the artist would be interviewing us as part of a TV show. All of us in GFriend always look forward to that, since it would be an opportunity for us to open up to our fans.

Well...all of us...except me.

Don't get me wrong, this isn't because of discord among the members and I. Rather, it is a more personal matter. Sure, I'm recognised for my dancing and vocal skills, but there is something the public just can't know...yet.

The truth is, I have no parents.

They didn't pass away when I was younger (at least I hope the didn't), but either way, I never got to see their faces for some eighteen years. I grew up in an orphanage for most of my life, until I was offered a chance to train with Fantagio Entertainment. Once the CEO learnt about my background, I moved out and lived with the trainees in their dorm. He promised not to tell anyone about my situation, therefore none of the trainees knew.

This carried on when I moved to Source Music. None of the members knew I had no parents. Now that we debuted, it would be likely that I would have questions about my family background. But so far, such questions haven't surfaced.

This time, we were getting an interview with KBS's 'Guerrilla Date' (A/N: I know they haven't actually got one yet, but this is fiction, so just imagine...). For the outdoor segment, we were able to interact with our fans playing mini games and signing autographs for them. The indoor segment was next...and I knew my drill.

"Yuju sshi," the interviewer continued, "you used to be a contestant in Kpop Star Season One. So how does it feel to finally debut with Gfriend after all these years?"

"Surreal," Yuju laughed.

"Are your families proud of you all for your debut?" the interviewer asked us.

"Dangyunhaji~" SinB was quick to answer. "I mean, considering this is our dream debut coming true. Who'd knew? And also, there's a lot in store for us in the future."

"Yes, I agree with unnie," Umji chimed in.

Thank goodness, they saved me from this touchy subject.