Chapter 27: Trust Issues (Jinyoung POV)

First Posted On: August 23rd 2017

Last Updated On: August 24th 2017

A/N: This chapter takes place on July 1st 2016.

~ ~ ~

(Jinyoung POV)

    I looked ridiculous. This isn't how I imagined 'professional' to be. I've had my stints as a trained assassin and a self-defense expert. Those are, hands down, professional.

    So how does being a deliveryman equate to being professional? The helmet already weighed my head down, the jacket was too thick for the summer weather, and the package I carried felt like I was carrying a load of bricks.

    Apparently, according to Yerin's K-variety show research, the 'deliveryman skit' is a common hidden camera trick. Given we were in a losing battle against Madam K, Yerin suggested the most humble disguise would be the best approach.

    But why go through all that effort for a disguise though...? Quite simply, we needed to expose the fake Yein and regain Lovelyz's trust. The first attempt at the backstage of MCore went horribly wrong when fake Yein won the psychological battle. Basically, she denied that I knew her and framed me; even to the extent of getting the other Lovelyz members to lose their trust in me.

    This second attempt should be the only chance we have left. With the help of Yerin's tracker and her crash-course knowledge on hacking, we were now able to trace the fake Yein's every move. Having confirmed her location to be in Lovelyz's dorm, the plan was to visit the dorm, take down fake Yein when the opportunity arose, and finally convince Lovelyz that their lives, especially their maknae's, was in danger.

    If the plan failed, Madam K would have virtually assumed victory.

    Once again, we were at a disadvantage. Yerin had to film for 'Mamamoo X GFriend Showtime' and prepare for GFriend's summer comeback. Her assistance would have been a huge asset.

    Therefore, Stefan was the one to join me for this mission. He would act as sentry just in case someone had sniffed out our covert operation.

    Assured that I was under the watchful cover of my friend, I slowly prepared myself mentally. Disguise or not, I still had a mission to do.

    "You need to relax Jinyoung," Stefan patted my shoulder.

    "I'm trying..." I seemed a little unconfident. "Returning to a mood that used to define my life certainly isn't going well. Besides, I'm still kind of disgusted that I was ordered to kill people by Madam K."

    "In this case," Stefan reminded me. "It's for a good cause. Besides, the person we are trying to 'kill' is not even a real person."

    "I really hope Lovelyz will trust us in the end," I sighed. "It would even be considered a miracle if they trust GFriend as well. It was what Yerin and Yein wanted."

    "That can only happen if we get our plan started, chingu yah..." Stefan tried to hint that I should get going.

    So I did. I crossed the road and made my way towards Lovelyz's dorm. Before that, I made sure my helmet was donned and I carried a questionable(?) parcel in my hand.

    Each heavy step on the stairs leading to their dorm was filled with a mixture of confidence and dread. Confidence knowing that this sort of approach usually worked for me (previously), but dread knowing that I'll be facing a foe more formidable than before.