Chapter 3: Into A New World (Yerin POV)

First Posted On: May 12th 2017

Last Updated On: May 12th 2017

A/N: This takes place on January 16th 2015

~ ~ ~

"Annyeonghaseyo! Yeoja Chingu ibnida!" my group and I greeted artists at KBS Music Bank.

"Wow!" the male artists whom we greeted replied. "You are from Source Music right? What a refreshing vibe you are giving out!"

"Ah kamsahabnida sunbae~" we all thanked him for the encouraging words.

This is one of the reasons why I, Jung Yerin, was so excited for our debut. Like every other girl group before us, we were slated to have a promising start to our singing careers in the Kpop industry. And so far, considering it is only our debut stage, things have been falling into place.

I really enjoy the company of my members as well. Our sister-like bond is as strong as ever. As the second oldest, however, I did have to bear some responsibilities; often playing second fiddle to our leader, Kim Sojung (Sowon). But the rest of the members, who are Jung Eunbi (Eunha), Choi Yuna (Yuju), Hwang Eunbi (SinB) and Kim Yewon (Umji), are easier to get along with...usually.

"Yerin~ Yerin~" SinB approached me using her aegyo.

"Oi!" I playfully snapped. "What happened to your manners?"

"Let it slide this one time, jaebal?" she pouted.

"Yeah, unnie," our maknae, Umji, agreed. "I mean...we all should enjoy this period because we are rookie idols and we just debuted."

Argh...these kids. How can I hate them.

"Well done, yaedul ah!" Sowon congratulated us. "The other idols are recognising us!"

"Yes!" Yuju and Eunha cheered while me, SinB and Umji hugged each other.

"But," Sowon reminded us, "we must still remain humble. We have a long road ahead of us and these debut stages are only the beginning."

"Preach! Kim Sojung preach!" I unknowingly voiced my thoughts out loud.

"Yes Yerin," Sowon suddenly turned her attention to me. "Have you forgotten your manners?"

Oh dear... so much for that mini lecture I gave to SinB...

"HA! Unnie slipped up!" SinB rubbed in before giving Umji a hi-five.

"Kidding Yerin ah," Sowon smiled. "We still love you~"

The rest of the day was spent rehearsing and performing on stage at KBS Music Bank. It was all happening very fast. So fast it felt like it was only yesterday when I was introduced to the rest of the GFriend members.

The audience went all ecstatic with every move we made and every note we hit. I could distinctly hear a fan chant for GFriend already, especially for our title song 'Glass Bead'. This was the motivation I (and the members) needed to keep performing well. We knew the winner's trophy was still a far reach this early into our Kpop venture. But I think the fans wouldn't have minded if we clinched the number one spot.

At the end of our performances, we learnt that we had been nominated for first place after all. Though it was the APink sunbaes who ended up taking the win, the very fact we were nominated was a huge encouragement for us as a group.

Back in our waiting room, manager oppa gathered us together. He had a beaming smile on his face, which meant he was proud of us.

"Well done girls!" he told us. "That was a brilliant performance from you!"

We had every reason to be glad and joyous. This was the dream debut that we never thought was possible initially. And I'm sure there are also girl groups, who debuted at around the same time as us, who would want to be in our position right now; popularity-wise.

"You know where is your next debut stage at right?" manager oppa asked us.

"It's at 'The Show'!" Yuju piped in.

"Yes indeed," he nodded. "So we are expecting a different group of audience to be watching and streaming our performances. But as always, maintain our current form and we will be alright~"

"A form where we won't disappoint!" Eunha added.

"A form where we put a smile on people's faces!" SinB agreed.

"Yeah, what you said," manager oppa laughed. "Now let's get ready for our next schedule!"

In no time, we were on the road and making our way to the Mnet Studio for our next debut stage. The van was a buzz of activity as the members and I kept disturbing each other and fighting over, of all things, water.

"I'm thirsty!!" Umji complained.

"But I'm holding the bottle, so I get to drink first!" Eunha refused to let the bottle go.

"Eunbi yah," Sowon tried to sound all motherly, "let your leader-nim drink first."

"Unnie!" SinB was upset, "Don't drag me into this!" (A/N: Because Jung Eunbi and Hwang Eunbi...get it?)

"She wasn't talking to you, SinB!" Yuju told SinB.

"Yaedul ah!" I stepped in. "There will be more bottles of water for us at the waiting room later. So why not you pass the bottle of water to me?"

"NO!" the members all snapped at me. "We need to drink!"

That was basically how the ride went.

But in the end, we did arrive at Mnet studio safely, at the expense of manager oppa's hearing. Along the way, we did get time to greet our fans and other sunbae idols. Thankfully, there were also bottles of water prepared for us in our waiting room, so at least our squabbling could be put on hold.

I was the first to get my makeup redone by the coordis. This meant I had some time on my hands before we had to go on stage for our sound check.

"I'm going to the washroom!" I told the members before leaving the waiting room.

I was in a rush leaving the room that I didn't look where I was going...and I bumped into someone.

"Omo choesonghabnida!" I apologised immediately.

"Gwenchanna~" the person replied before walking away. I managed to get a glimpse of her face though...

...and for some reason, she looked a little familiar? Another girl group member maybe?Oh well...we might meet on stage later.

That's when it happened...

~ ~ ~

A/N: What happened to Yerin?! Who did she meet?

So in comes GFriend into the fanfic and I'm really excited to write the next bits! Their debut is quite a contrast to Lovelyz and these are the foundations for the later chapters of the fanfic.

I did mention before that GFriend is my favourite group along with APink and SNSD, so I thought it would be nice if they featured in a proper fanfic of mine for once. Well...they had a stint in 'Kpop OTP Oneshots' too. You should check it out and see how Yuju steals the spotlight from Yerin. Keke~

By the way, Yerin is my GFriend bias, so that makes writing the fanfic easier. Don't ask me how...it just is. So she might be getting longer POVs than Yein...but we'll see how things turn out.

Oh yeah, I just randomly guessed the date of GFriend's debut stage for 'Music Bank'...and I got it correct!!

In other news, I have been pre-writing chapters, so if the updates are taking a while, you have your answer. #imnotslacking

Vote + Comment ~ !