Chapter 6: For The Better Good (Stefan & Jinyoung POV)

First Posted On: May 13th 2017

Last Updated On: May 13th 2017

A/N: This chapter takes place on September 4th 2015. But don't kill me after reading this chapter...

~ ~ ~

(Stefan POV)

It has not been a great week for me at SM Entertainment. Actually, it has not been a great few months to be honest. And if you thought I probably cracked under pressure from the training or even the management...you'd be utterly wrong.

Some stuff had happened recently. And outside the walls of SM Entertainment, it is hard to share it with anyone. Speaking of outside, yes I did end up going outside the building; because there was a matter that I needed to attend to.

I had to go to the police station.

And yeah...you probably wouldn't want to let the other trainees know about that...so I just quietly told my instructor and left after he gave his approval.

So much has happened these last few months. Not least our recent battle.

The blood, the sweat and the tears (A/N: Yay BTS!) from those intense few hours of clashing was still fresh in my mind. So too was the trial that followed when we finally emerged victorious. Her name still made me feel sick each time she crossed my mind.

Anyway, before making my way to the police station, I had arranged another meeting with someone at a cafe near SM Entertainment. To be honest, I was also surprised he readily agreed to meet me there. If anything, he should be having a better time than me.

I arrived at the cafe first and ordered an iced americano. Settling myself down, I began to fiddle with a bracelet on my wrist. It wasn't just any bracelet though; it was something that I used to hold dear to my heart. Recently, it felt looser on my wrist. It's as if I just...cannot wear it anymore.

"Have you forgotten...?" I mumbled to myself.

Just as I was about to enter a daze, the person who I was waiting for arrived.

"Hwang Miyang...?" my best friend, Oh Jinyoung, sat down in front of me.

"Ah Jinyoung ah...nice to meet you..." I greeted him rather soullessly.

"Oh come on..." he sighed. "You still not over her?"

"Yes, captain obvious..." I replied.

"Well..." he tried to keep the conversation going, "I guess it has really hit you hard...like a truck-"

"Asteroid more like..." I admitted. "Jinyoung...we aren't talking about any girl...we are talking about KRYSTAL FREAKING JUNG SOO JUNG!"

Fortunately I whispered-yelled her name so as not to attract any unnecessary attention.

And yes...in case you haven't figured out...me and Krystal have broken up. I'm not mad at her or at myself or anything...but I recently found out the problem of keeping a relationship secret...

(Flashback - Last Month)

A few months after the pilot episode of Tasha's show, 'Unique Families', the SM Rookies were getting some dance training lessons from none other than EXO's Kai. We all admired the flair and finesse of his actions and that motivated us to learn harder.

At the end of the lesson, I wanted to get closer to Kai hyung. Actually I met him once before, while I was still a newbie. Taemin hyung had introduced him to me as his friend. But Kai and I didn't get to talk because he had a schedule to rush to.