Chapter 24: Gone (Yerin & Jinyoung POV)

First Posted On: July 27th 2017

Last Updated On: July 27th 2017

A/N: Continuing on from Yerin's POV (April 29th 2016).

~ ~ ~

(Yerin POV)

Soft spot for Lovelyz? Crap...I really hope they don't get mad at me...

"Since a few days ago?" I tried to give the most intelligent answer. "They released their comeback MV recently...and it was good?"

"Fair enough," Sowon shrugged. "That's what we all should practice saying."

"People are entitled to their own opinions, unnie," Umji told SinB (who was the one who asked me the question).

"I think there's more though...?" I heard SinB mutter. She was right...there is more. Much more.

Come one day, I really hope that GFriend and Lovelyz will get closer. But I guess that day would only come when Yein and I reveal we are siblings. Seriously though, she has to see the DNA results soon. However, finding out Madam K's master plan seemed more important at this stage.

After Music Bank ended, the members and I adjourned to our rooms. My roommate, Eunha, decided to call it an early night, so I had no one to talk to for the evening.

It was still pretty early though as the sun had set only thirty minutes ago. Yet, I had a strange feeling that this was going to be a long night...

Ever since I learnt that I might be a crucial part of Madam K's plan, I wasn't taking things lightly. I mean, she controlled me, without me realising it!

Just then, my phone suddenly pinged, indicating a new text message. I didn't think much of it, so I just opened the text. But once I read it, I got the chills...

Smell something bad? Smells like defeat. – K

No sooner had I finished reading it, I received a call. Fortunately it is from Jinyoung, but just in case, I went to the living room to answer it.

"Yerin!" Jinyoung sounded as if in a state of panic. "D-Did you receive it?"

"I did," I answered knowing that it was the letter he was talking about. "What do you think she meant this time?"

"I can't confirm that this is her intention," he tried calming down and speaking, "but she might be attempting...bioterror."

"As in...using harmful biochemicals for criminal or evil intent?" I shuddered as I thought about it.

"Yes..." he replied. "But I'm afraid, based on experience, that there's worse..."

From the tone of his voice, I feared the worst.

"You," Jinyoung told me, "when you were controlled by her recently, I think she used you as a test. Maybe...you might have inhaled or ingested a lower concentration of a chemical she made and she probably sent a comrade to report your behaviour to her."

"But she might not know the chemical's weakness, right?" I asked Jinyoung; remembering how Stefan kissed me and I returned to normal.

"That isn't the main issue..." his voice was still etched with fear. "Thing is, she might administer the chemical to someone and have indefinite control over him or her. But...if she didn't do that to you..."

Seol ma...it can't be...

"Jinyoung ah," my voice was filled with worry, "I know what you are thinking, but we can't warn Yein...she still has no phone with her..."